30: Unfortunate Lovers

"Are you alright?" Nicole asked, he saw her bump into a stranger after all.

Fortunately, she didn't get in trouble and bumped into a patient man instead.

"Yes, I'm fine. I apologized for accidentally hitting him, Brother." She said.

Nicole sighed, this was why he wanted to leave Sophia back home to wait instead of coming with them but she somehow persuaded their parents to allow her.

It wasn't going to be a bother since her brother was going with her, he will keep an eye on her, keep her from harm's way as such.

"Let's go then, the others are waiting and what were you doing over there anyway?" He hummed while offering her a hand to take.

"I saw... Something odd so I went to investigate it quickly." She answered.

Nicole didn't like it when his sister would wander off alone, she can sometimes be fragile, he thinks like that, saying, "I see, but next time you should come with someone so you don't worry me this much."

Sophia meekly chuckled, she'll have to keep that in mind or he might tell her to their parents.

"Alright, Brother." She said.

...

"Hm? Where were you two?" Larna asked.

"I was looking for her." Nicole patted his sister's head as she meekly smiled apologizing for making them wait.

"It's alright... More importantly, you should go with someone next time, Lady Sophia, I wouldn't be too worried if you were alone but if Lady Katarina found out at any point in time after we rescue her, she might get really upset with worry." Larna said.

Sophia shot up, okay, she has to keep it in mind.  Not only will her parents nag her, but Katarina might also worry too much for her as well.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind..." She said.

Standing inside the inn, everyone was ready to get rooms.

The girls can take one room with three beds in it, the boys took two.

While Larna took none.

"You're not going to rest?" Gerald asked.

"Oh, no!" Larna brushed him off, "I'll have to keep watch to see if Michael would be able to pinpoint Lady Katarina somehow."

Even though that'd be false hope, they might as well try it then.

"It's getting late though." Alan huffed.

"Should we get dinner before resting?" Sora asked.

That was a plan.

...

After they had dinner, they began making their way back to the inn.

Everyone went to rest after some talk about the situation, it was going just fine, even though Katarina was still missing.

As long as they were getting closer, they were all sure that Katarina would be questioned by them as to why she ran away.

As for Larna, even though she knows why telling them about it might cause a bad mood and she was not gonna be the one dealing with those kinds of things whatsoever.

It was late and the innkeeper was awake as it is.

Nicole and Larna were the only ones still awake at the moment other than the keeper.

Nicole was out for some cold night air since he can't sleep and Larna was somewhere high trying to get a signal through her phone.

"Brother..?"