15: Guard Dog

The said item was that of royal property that's old, long gone forgotten in the royal treasury in decades.

"You say it can grant wishes, right?" Larna asked.

It was just a joke on Alan's part though as he explained by saying, "I don't know, I was just joking to Katarina about it granting wishes."

Now that was confusing.

Maria wasn't on the scene the first time she saw the item was under Katarina's bed. Which made it weirder enough as to how it even got under Katarina's bed when it was supposed to be locked up inside a room in the academy. Unless someone took it and deliberately put it under her bed like so.

"We can't be sure now, can we?" Larna reached to pull the mirror up, it wasn't foggy as she expected for an old thing that's been catching dust in a while.

She checked all the drawers she could pull out. There was nothing inside all.

"Huh, it really is just like a regular big jewelry box." She commented before thinking through something when she suddenly said, "I wish to know of Katarina Claes' whereabouts."

Silence filled the room, it was like false hope had been put as a judgment on them by God.

Alan gritted his teeth, was it because of a single joke he told her at that time that she disappeared now and forever?

"Hm..." Larna eyed the mirror sternly.

"Arf!"

Before they all flinched hearing a familiar bark. They all turned.

"Oh, no! Michael!" Larna rushed to save the poor bear that was slowly getting mauled by a dog.

"It's Pochi!" Keith perked up, everyone knew who's dog that was.

"Arf! Arf!!" Pochi had rushed jumping into Maria's arms, tail wagging. He seemed happy to see her.

"W-What is Lady Katarina's dog doing here??" Mary was flabbergasted.

Larna smiled, "Is this how its wish-granting system works then??"

She was fascinated by the item.

Pochi leaned wanting to kiss Sophia's hands that reached to pet his head.

"Wait... Why is it here..?" Alan blinked.

Keith rushed to it and without hesitation, asked one thing, "Pochi! Where's my sister!?"

"Arf?" The puppy tilted its head in wonder at him.

Keith frowned, "Do you not know..?"

"Arf??" Pochi hopped down Maria's arms and rushed to the table jumping up on it.

He took one of the maps into his mouth and sat down after sniffing around.

Everyone walked over, it was the smaller map Sophia had found.

"You're a smart boy aren't you, Pochi?" Gerald came to appease it with compliments as the tail would've been a hurricane by now if Pochi wasn't in the guise of a cute puppy.

"This map?" Mary reached to take it.

"Ohh, is Lady Katarina somewhere in one of these landmarks?" Larna gleamed.

"Arf!" That bark seemed to be a positive answer.

"Oh... Then it might take us ages finding her but news of her disappearance leaking into the world might be used for evil doings." Larna huffed adding, "It's best we set course now to leave."

"Also, I think it might be better if you all came... She might like it if all her friends came to her rescue." She said and the plan was agreed upon.