6: Angel's Meeting

Snore....

He was snoring lightly but still, y/n couldn't help but stare at the young man laying back resting on the tree.

"Excuse me..?" She called for him to wake up.

Neigh.!

It seemed this horse was owned by this young man as well.

She looked, gazing around him, the sun was caressing his face gently as if God were keeping him in a peaceful slumber, reaching a hand to nudge him awake, "Excuse me."

"Ugh..." He groaned, eyes slowly opening, he looked up and saw blonde hair and soft blue eyes, altogether on such a cute face.

An angel?

"What a pretty Angel~?" He smiled like a drunkard he wasn't at the moment, 'Maria...?'

Y/n flinched, this young man's smile was quite attractive, perhaps charming enough to have made her cheeks red for a moment as she cleared her throat aloud to focus waking him up, 'Is he drugged???'

He yawned trying to get up.

"H-Hello, are you okay??" She asked.

Katarina got up stretching his arms to the sides as he blinked saying, "Yes? I was just resting?? Can I help you..?"

Y/n blinked back, "Oh, I thought you fainted."

"Uhh... Well, no, I didn't. I was just really tired while on my horse running away." Katarina assured her of any misunderstanding.

Y/n hummed with a raised brow, 'Running away??'

She glanced around him, a hoe and a sword were laying on the side with a journal atop it all. She didn't dare touch anything he owned since it'd be called stealing.

His horse was close by as well resting with him.

"Arf! Arf!!"

The two perked up.

The silence was cut short all by one thing. A young Cerberus.

"Oh! Pochi!" Katarina smiled seeing him, "How have you been??"

Pochi rushed hopping into his arms, tail wagging as Y/n thought it was cute.

"Are you... Going somewhere?" She was now even more interested in him.

"Hm? Oh, uhh... I'm going somewhere that's relatively quiet and peaceful but somewhere I can also sell vegetables I'll grow." He chidded, pondering, "Well, I kind of... Uhh.."

'Shoot, I forgot my maps at home...' he chuckled meekly.

Y/n blinked, "I know a place like that."

"R-Really!?" Katarina shot up.

Y/n nodded, "Mhm, my hometown. It's far away from the capital and you'd need a horse to travel back and forth in a month each time."

Katarina grew pale for a second.

A month?? Would it take a week to get to the capital and a week or two back to wherever this woman lived if it's by carriage? Wow!

"If it's possible with you... Can you, show me the way there?" He asked.

Y/n thought about it, wait, she could strike a deal with him.

He has a horse after all.

"How about we go there together? I'm also on my way to my hometown by now and you could also help me too." She said.

Katarina smiled, he liked that idea.

"Okay, you said you could reach it faster by a horse, right? You can come with me." He suggested.

Y/n smiled nodding, that's what she was just aiming for in this interaction.