28: Misunderstood Bunny

They ate breakfast at the restaurant near the inn, it had a menu that was not something Katarina expected.

This time, he was able to pay first before y/n.

The owner was so happy for the gold coins, she was sure of it that he was a noble in disguise eloping with a commoner. A big misunderstanding.

"The chef was really nice." Katarina was ever grateful for the hospitality as usual.

"You think so?" Y/n finished with her plate of breakfast.

Katarina nodded with a smile, saying, "She let me pay first."

"What..!?" Y/n choked on water, coughing to clear her throat, she looked up at him with wide eyes whispering, "Are you trying to get us mugged when we go outside!??"

Katarina smiled, assuring her, "I paid without eyes on me so nobody will come after us and if somebody does come after us, I'll subdue them."

Those were words he can't keep.

Y/n sighed, this was sometimes a problem about Katarina, he doesn't think things through unless he really thinks it's necessary or if he's reminded of it.

"Well, let's finish up breakfast so we can walk around the place a bit." She said.

Katarina nodded, asking, "Ah, do you want to buy something?"

Y/n nodded, "Yeah, I'm gonna be buying bread we can eat on our trip, we're out of it."

"Oh, alright." Katarina hummed.

A moment of silence filled their table, the other dining customers becoming background noise to them.

"I'm curious about something about you again, Katarina." Y/n broke it after Katarina took a bite out of the meat.

"Hm?" He hummed in between chewing.

"If your parents ever find you, would you go back home when they tell you?" She asked.

That made Katarina gulp.

"Uhm.." he thought it through, and immediately came to one conclusion, "Well, why would I want to go back and get nagged at by my Mother in front of the house?"

Y/n blinked.

"What?" She didn't quite understand him.

Katarina drank some water to wash it all down, he was finished with his plate of breakfast.

"Why would I go back once they find me? If they ever found me... I wouldn't.. care, and if I go back by then, everyone will scold me for running away, right..?" He said, "I... Ran away not because I was scared of getting killed sooner or later but because I didn't want to burden them too. I'm a nutcase and an idiot, as they've stated before."

Oh, he remembers the cafeteria scene where he was accused of bullying the heroine all too well. They all called him an idiot, even though they were saving him, it was a little hurtful to be called like that, even if it was a joke with or without context.

"They called you an idiot..!?" Y/n frowned, somehow, she found some form of hatred for those Katarina had once associated with his life as an aristocrat.

"Then if you're never going back, come with me." She said, "And be my husband."

Katarina sighed blushing, there she goes again with being her husband.

"We can't get married yet, let's get married when we're older, please?" He asked.

Y/n snickered nodding, "Yeah, I think marrying at this age would be too overkill."

They both laughed.