21: Peeping Tom

Raphael was the only one who stayed behind other than the rest who went with Larna and Sora.

"This book.." he looked over to Anne.

"Yes?" Anne blinked, noticing how wary his tone was.

"This book had been locked up in a secure room by Miss Larna, how did it get under Lady Katarina's bed?" He asked.

Anne frowned, it almost felt like he was blaming her over something, "I'd like to ask the same thing as well, this item is dangerous but... It's been tracking her."

Raphael flinched, it'd seem his mind was clouded due to his fatigue from overworking.

"Ah.. sorry, it looked like I was accusing you, I apologize deeply," he said, "But... Who took it out of the room it's been locked inside in? And... More importantly."

He reached to open the book by its ever so slowly moving page after page bookmark but... He was curious so he opened the book on a random page, maybe somewhere in the in-between..?

Katarina looked seductive at the moment.

Okay, that line... Made Raphael flinch. He didn't know why but his cheeks went red for a second there.

"Sir Raphael?" Anne blinked noticing this.

"Y/n.." Katarina smiled, even though he seemed to be half asleep at the moment, he can still make himself look like a pretty boy, huh...

"Katarina." Y/n couldn't help but snicker at this. He was just so adorable, she can't help it.

"You're drunk." She laughed quietly.

Katarina frowned pouting for a second.

Ah, so cute.

If he's really a runaway noble, she can tell it must be because he's not treated well due to him being this weak, right?

"If I was a man, I would've married you, y/n..." Katarina grinned like a dork before falling back asleep completely.

Y/n was confused by that.

"A..." Raphael caught his tongue, "What kind of... Book is this..?"

Anne was confused about what he was talking about.

"Excuse me."

Anne perked up giving way to one of the people that worked with Raphael.

The guy was moving some papers to another table.

Raphael continued to read.

Maybe tonight would've been pleasant if y/n hadn't been beginning to slowly hear her name get called over and over again by some sweet yet gentle voice of a man beside her.

"Uhm..?" She turned around to look, "Katarina? What's wrong?"

Katarina's eyes shimmered even in the dark, he frowned, he seemed desperate for something.

"Can I get a kiss?" He suddenly asked it out of the blue.

Raphael was getting intoxicated to read further. Is this what it was like if women read romance novels?

"Sir Raphael?" Anne called him again, she was noticing his complexion grow weird in front of her.

"Katarina.. ahh~"

Katarina had moved to being on top of her.

Chu.. chu.

Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Katarina grunted, he tried to pull on his clothes to take them off while trying not to pull away from her kiss.

Bam!

Raphael slammed the book shut before he could even read through it further. His hands were shaking and he slowly lowered down crouching, face directed to the floor. He was shaking a lot.

"Is this why Miss Larna locked the book up..!?" He wheezed, he couldn't breathe, like his heart was being squeezed in agony.

"Sir Raphael!?" Anne had gotten to her knees in worry for his well-being.