31: Lovers Housing

Nicole perked up, turning around, he saw his sister rubbing an eye awake standing in the hallway.

"Sophia..?" He walked over to her, "What are you doing still awake? You'll catch a cold just being in your pajamas."

Sophia looked up at him and smiled before she reached her hands out and pulled him into a hug.

"Sophia?" As much as it was confusing her brother, Nicole patted her head in return.

"You should get some rest at least too, Brother." She assured him, "Lady Katarina isn't herself unless she's like this. She must've had a reason to run away so... Let's find her."

Nicole sighed giving her a light smile.

"Alright, I'll get some shut-eye soon too." He said as Sophia pulled away to walk back into her room.

...

Mary had looked up from her bed, confused as to why her friend was awake, she watched Sophia crawl back to bed.

...

Nicole stood by the open window just a bit more, the cold air felt nice.

"Ughh..."

"Man, you're so drunk, hahahh.."

He perked up, there were voices behind him again.

Ah, must be the other occupants in the inn.

Maybe he would've let them be, which he did if they hadn't suddenly begun making out in the hallway.

He must've choked on his own somehow while standing there unnoticed by the couple.

The sound of a door opening came, fortunately, it was neither the room they booked into.

The woman eyed him for a second, she only gave him a side glance as she opened the door for her and her lover before shutting it locked behind them.

Nicole sighed, there's no way he can sleep after seeing something that... Ludicrous.

My, oh, my.

"Aahh~!"

And maybe that feminine moan made it all the worse.

And yes, it woke the light sleepers up to question who's pleasured woman was that.

Impressive.

Nicole sighed, he's hoping his sister is a heavy sleeper.

...

The next morning, those who heard it had some bags under their eyes.

None slept well wondering what lewd situation was happening in some room just across theirs that night.

Mary sighed with Maria patting her back.

"Sorry, my inn takes in lovey-dovey couples so don't start complaining about how loud they can be at night." The owner said while counting the money he earned from the recent stays.

Sophia was confused.

"Hm..?" She blinked, "How loud..? What do you mea--"

"She meant nothing." Keith laughed it off loudly to cut her question off.

Nicole was indeed fortunate his sister was a heavy sleeper.

"Huh??" Sophia was bewildered.

"You don't need to know, Lady Sophia," Mary said.

"Hm??" Alan blinked, "Did something happen last night?"

Oh, so Alan was also a heavy sleeper, unlike his twin.

"Nothing absurd happened last night," Gerald said.

Alan squinted his eyes for a second, "Oh."

He believed him.

They all had a light laugh together.

Larna wasn't near the inn last night, so she didn't hear whatever happened inside.

"Hey, I'm here to return the key."

"Ah... it's you, Miss. Y/n," the owner smiled seeing her, "You can put the key on that pile, so how was last night?"

Everyone perked up.

Could this woman be from last night?