19: Commoner's Affinity

On the road, there was no village nearby so they stopped to the side, they'll have to rest up in the night instead.

"Let's rest up over there," y/n suggested, adding, "That far maybe..? It's best to be out of any passing people on the road?"

"Alright then." Katarina agreed to her.

"Oh, try not to let your horse wander around too far or near the road as well," Y/n said.

Katarina chuckled, "Are you saying she could get kidnapped again?"

"No, it's more of your horse will murder another kidnapper again!" Y/n scoffed with fumbling arms.

Katarina laughed nodding, as he whistled for his horse to come over to them.

"Hey, girl.." he patted it, "Try not to wander around too far this time... Y/n might get worried if you're kidnapped again."

Huff....

Y/n watched the horse walk off to munch on some grass.

"Did that horse even understand you?" Y/n joked.

"She's a smart girl," Katarina chided nonchalantly, "She knows what I tell her not to do when needed, also, as I said. I'm hoping she doesn't kill anybody again."

Y/n felt a trickle of sweat behind her neck hearing that, "Of course... I'll go look for some sticks we can use for fire."

"Huh? We're making fire soon?" Katarina looked up at the sky.

Well, it was indeed dimming quite a bit and no, it wasn't raining.

"We're not making fire since I can make fire," Y/n said as she pulled up a hand and created fire without reciting anything.

"Woah~!" Katarina was in awe, "That's amazing!"

Y/n furrowed a brow, "You're not suspicious that a commoner like me has magic?"

"Why would I? I have a commoner friend too that has light magic." He shrugged.

'Light magic?? That's rare, I guess since he's a noble he's for sure met one I guess.' y/n blinked, smirking, she chuckled and turned her back on him to find more wood.

"Let me help you look too, y/n," Katarina said.

"Okay." Y/n laughed.

Rushing to hurry up to her side, Y/n crouched down picking up a few around her as she wondered, "Hey, Katarina, what's it like being a noble?"

"Hm?" Katarina picked up a few piles of bigger sticks to the side just a few steps far from y/n.

"Being a noble, well..." He had to think it through, "Being a noble is tiring."

Y/n snickered hearing him make such a comment.

"Why?" She asked, "I hear nobles get to have whatever they want because of their power and money though."

"Not a lot of nobles have that," Katarina chuckled, "There are those that are poor actually. They're just so poor that you could see them as a rich commoner but still value their noble title."

"Title?" Y/n picked up a few more sticks from the left side away from Katarina.

"If you don't have etiquette or if you're from a poor or weak family, you get bullied." He shrugged, "So basically if you don't have anything good on you, other nobles who do have them will bully you."

"Were you... Like that?" Y/n hummed.

"... No."