11: Business Trickery

"We'd like two rooms please," Y/n asked.

"Sorry, only one room is left. Here are the keys."

"Oh!" The two perked up in surprise and exchanged glances.

"I can sleep just fine on the floor," Katarina suggested, he's slept up trees before and got scolded over it when he finally got caught so sleeping on the floor wasn't that hard to do for him.

"What?" Y/n shot up, "And I'm not that petty, we can share the bed. We can put a pillow in between for space."

Katarina thought that through, this was an awkward situation for the both of them.

"Okay..?" He wasn't sure how to respond to it.

Y/n smiled and took the keys and Katarina's gardening hoe upstairs after paying.

"Ah--wait..!?" Katarina couldn't stop her from running up the stairs to open their door.

He sighed scratching the back of his head, mumbling, "I wanted to pay instead though..."

"Hah!" The front desk woman chuckled at him, "She seems pretty excited to be with you, aren't you two a thing?"

Katarina blushed, sputtering feeling flustered, "N-No! Of course not! We're friends! Uhh--traveling buddies!!"

She only smirked at him with amusement.

"Well... This is the cheapest inn so go meet up with her, idiot." She scoffed.

Katarina didn't understand what she was trying to tell her at all as he shrugged it off, walking upstairs for her, he immediately stopped midway as she was also on her way to see him too.

"Ah," Y/n blinked while he meekly smiled back, 'I hope he doesn't find sharing a bed weird.'

Y/n smiled back.

"Sorry, only one room is left. Here are the keys."

The two flinched.

Did they just hear that correctly..?

They crept down to peek over the woman who worked the front desk. There was a man and a woman in the front.

"What? Only one room left?" The man said, baffled by this, "Well, I can sleep just fine on the floor. You take the bed."

"What!?" The woman shot up, sputtering, "No way! I'm not that petty, we can share the bed, we can put a pillow in between for two spaces."

'This old Lady..!' y/n and Katarina frowned.

That woman lied to them, huh, and she also lied to these two customers as well.

Y/n huffed and continued as if nothing was wrong with Katarina perking up to hurry following.

Grumble..

"Oh." Katarina immediately felt embarrassed, he sure was hungry, wasn't he?

Y/n couldn't help but laugh in bemusement as she said, "The small restaurant is near the place."

"Oh, ehehehh... I get hungry real fast after long adventures and I haven't gotten any proper meals since we left together." Katarina said.

Y/n nodded with a smile to lead the way to the restaurant.

...

The smell of barbecue was intoxicating for him, pondering on his own, "This place is... The cooking meat smells so good."

Y/n laughed, he explained the place a little weirdly.

Katarina smiled seeing as how he made her laugh like that.

"Let's have some drinks and barbecue, Katarina." Y/n suggested, "Let me order and you pay this time..?"

"Alright!" Katarina agreed when he heard he was paying this time around for them.