17: Murderous Intention

Katarina and y/n got out.

The inn owner arched a brow at them, cracking up a joke at them, "Had fun last night?"

Katarina's face went beet red, blushing hard.

"I wasn't that loud." Y/n scoffed with crossed arms as Katarina sighed covering his face, 'Why did this have to happen..?'

Being a man was a lot harder than he thought it'd be, he forgot he needed to understand what control and desire a man has if he wanted to continue staying as a man. As much as he didn't expect his wish of escape to be like this, it was kinda nice.

"Hm? Where's my horse?" Katarina looked around the street.

"Oh, last night?" Y/n said, "It got stolen."

"Stolen?" Katarina blinked, "Are you sure it's not walking around..?"

Y/n squinted her eyes, is he serious?

Katarina fixed the gardening hoe hanging tied by a single rope around his shoulder as he checked his sword and wallet before whistling aloud with both hand.

Immediately did they hear the sound of a horse shrieking along with its ever-so-coming hooves of doom rushing for them.

"What was that?" Y/n asked.

Katarina pointed in the direction his horse was running towards them, smiling, "It really was just walking around, see?"

His horse stopped right in front of them with a huff, it kept nuzzling close to him.

Katarina chuckled, praising it, "Good girl."

Y/n stared, looking at the horse top to bottom, there was blood on one of the hooves.

"There's blood." She commented.

Katarina perked up looking down, there was indeed blood on one of the hooves from behind.

"My horse either killed someone just now or last night." He chided before hurrying to get y/n on the horse

"We'd need to leave now if we don't want to deal with the landlord here," Y/n said, sweating bullets as Katarina climbed up next and made the horse dash.

...

On the road again, they were in a conversation.

"So your horse can actually kill," she said.

"Uhh... I try my best to make sure she's tame." Katarina cleared her throat aloud.

"Tame, huh..." Y/n ran a hand on the horse's head, patting gently of course, "Fortunately, it likes me."

Katarina laughed, what a joke.

"That's indeed fortunate." He said.

Y/n smiled, talking to the horse, "I hope we can get along well so you don't kill me..."

Katarina laughed harder.

Y/n can be hilarious at points in time, "By the way, Katarina..."

"Hm..?" Katarina looked down at her for a second.

"If you're a runaway noble, what's your reason for running away?" Y/n asked.

"Oh, uhh..." Katarina didn't know what to say, should he just tell her the truth? It'll be better if she knows the truth, right? But... Would she look at him the same way if he did? He was beginning to feel hesitant now.

"Well, I ran away because..." He looked down at his clothes, he was still in his gardening uniform, chuckling lightly, "I had to run away because I was going die if I stayed any longer."