36: Absconding Truant

He'll do anything if it's him.

"What are you thinking so deeply about?"

He flinched, snapping from his thoughts when an arm was patted to his chest.

"Ah.." he almost crossed the street while not looking.

Fortunately, Larna saved him before he could get into some small unfortunate accident.

Sora was grateful for this.

"Sorry, I was too deep in wondering how it'd be if Lady Katarina really did elope with someone far away." He said.

Larna smiled, she can see just how charmed they all are for her.

She crossed her arms, making Sora scratch the back of his head standing beside her.

"So you four are saying you found Lady Katarina?" Larna asked.

The boys nodded.

"Are you sure it's not someone who just has the same name as her?" Larna asked, "It could sound just like her name but could be spelled differently."

They... Got a bit reluctant.

She was right though.

It could be just someone who has the same name as hers.

That's what she told them.

And they all immediately took it that they just misunderstood as Katarina's whereabouts location was still far away from where they were.

...

Neigh!!!

"Woah?!" Katarina tried to calm his horse down at the side of the path.

"Easy, pal!" He said.

Huff!!

Y/n arched a brow, "What's gotten into your horse? Is it throwing a tantrum right now?"

Katarina shrugged, he doesn't know either. Well, as far as he's concerned, his horse has always been this rough in whatever situation he was in.

"I think it just needs some time to do whatever it wants." He said, before patting his horse and saying, "Hey, girl.. you can do anything you want after we reach the next town over, alright? Please?"

Neigh.....

That somehow did the trick.

"Alright, let's get going then?" He smiled.

His horse began walking calmly again.

"Wow... You seem to know how to talk to animals, is that magic to you?" Y/n joked.

"No, it's just... I've had this horse since I was seven, I begged my parents to get me one." He said laughing, "To be precise, this horse was just a baby when I met her."

"Aww... That's so adorable." Y/n cooed.

Katarina cleared his throat aloud, he felt bashful being told that.

Y/n chuckled, she could tell.

...

"Sleeping again..?" Katarina hummed.

Y/n yawned, it's getting late again after all, "Let's get dinner before we go to sleep."

"Alright." Katarina nodded as they got closer to the gates.

The two guards were shook in terror looking up at them.

Y/n arched a brow, she looked up at Katarina.

Katarina was smiling while offering two gold coins to them for entry.

'What the heck???' that made y/n perplexed.

...

"It's really nice how respectful and generous guards are..." Katarina chuckled as he helped y/n off of the horse.

"Really?" Y/n hummed.

Neigh!!

The horse immediately ran off to who knows where.

"She'll be back." Katarina shrugged seeing that.

"Let's eat over there." Y/n laughed hearing her say that.