18: Runaway Truth

Y/n arched a brow.

"You were gonna die?" She perked up, asking, "Why? Was someone after your life??"

"Not necessarily, because those two people that are after my life are my friends... Kind of." Katarina chuckled meekly.

Y/n was confused, why would you be friends with people who are after your life??

"Why are you friends with them if you know they'll kill you?? You can't be that stupid, right?" She asked.

"Well..." Katarina hummed.

"Is it like a fight for the title? Heir??" Y/n wondered.

"No, no, not that kind." Katarina huffed.

"Okay..?" Y/n blinked, asking, "So who are they?"

Katarina's eyes widened for a second before he smiled chuckling, y/n always looked adorable when she's curious.

"The first one is the crown Prince." He said, "And the second one is my little brother."

That was shocking to hear.

"The crown Prince and your own brother wants to kill you!?" She asked.

"I don't know yet but... I'd be wrong if I didn't say they might do that one day." Katarina sighed, what a dangerously big misunderstanding.

"I am so sorry," Y/n said.

"Huh? For what..?" Katarina chirped.

Y/n sighed, shrugging the depressing moment off of her shoulders as she asked with a smile, "Are you planning to become a farmer now that you've escaped inevitable death??"

Katarina gleamed, "Huh!? Yes, actually... How'd you, oh, wait.."

Y/n chuckled.

"Right, the hoe..." Katarina blinked.

"Sometimes, you really know how to be cute." Y/n laughed, childishly pinching his cheek.

Katarina laughed, joking, "For real?? Sometimes everyone says I have a dry sense of humor."

Y/n laughed harder, what an amusing young man he was and moments of joy later, he asked a question, "How long does it take to reach your hometown, and is the soil there really that good..?"

"Oh, my hometown has fields so yeah, it's good land." Y/n said, "And since you're a farmer, I'll introduce you to my father who owns a field of his own. He needs to have an extra hand working with him."

"A field..?" Katarina awed, asking, "Like... A big one?"

"Yes? Have you never seen a field before?" Y/n hummed.

"I've seen them a few times but I've never worked on one before, I can't wait to help your father then!" Katarina smiled.

Y/n huffed chuckling, "I'm sure there's no way he can decline such a hardworking charming man like you as my husband."

"Yeah..." Katarina hummed as a moment of peaceful silence fell upon them.

"Wait, husband!??" He shot up, eyes wide and cheeks blushing.

Y/n smiled nodding, "You've slept with me and I took your first so I have to take responsibility for that too."

Katarina's face went completely red.

"W-W-W-What????" He sputtered a lot just there as Y/n nodded with absolute determination.

"You're my husband now." She said, 'My Mother has been itching to get me married anyway so that'll for sure make her happy.'

'How did it come to this??????' Katarina was overheating, "I... I don't know w-what... To say..!"

"We can get married when we turn nineteen together since my Father says I can't marry until I'm of that age just yet." Y/n said, "Also I've always wanted to have a relationship where the man I'm married to has to elope with me just like in those romance novels."

Katarina sighed. Oh, what to do, this must be what his wish to escape was like but being married to someone as adorable as y/n didn't sound so bad.