12: Alcohol Tolerance

"You pay in advance so--what the-!??"

Why were there two gold coins on the table!?

"Will this much help?" Katarina smiled.

Y/n immediately slapped her hands down to cover the money whilst whispering to him, "Are you insane!? You'll attract the unwanted on us..!"

Katarina was confused.

"Uhm..." He didn't know what she meant, "W-What?"

Y/n looked around them, with such sharp eyes, fortunately, it didn't seem like anybody looked to their direction. They were in the clear.

She sighed in relief and pushed for the coins back into Katarina's wallet.

"Are you a runaway noble?" The whispered question was blatant yet nonchalantly.

Katarina gulped, sighing with a nod, "Obviously...? Well.."

Y/n frowned, so her suspicions were correct when he said something about just running away when they first met, she huffed rolling her eyes, "I'll pay."

"Aww... But you've paid with so many things by now." Katarina put the coins back into his wallet, setting it aside.

Y/n chuckled, "I just paid for the inn, I haven't paid everything that much."

"Still though." Katarina hummed.

"You paid with your horse, right now we're able to reach places faster because of you so you paid with that," Y/n said.

Katarina meekly smiled.

"I see..." He didn't want to see it that way though.

"Since you're a noble, you probably haven't tasted beer before." Y/n made way as a server came giving them their orders.

A plate of skewered meat, and two glasses of beer but Katarina was a little unsure of the beer, saying, "Yes, I've never tasted beer before."

Not in this life or his first life in Japan.

"It's sweet I promise." Y/n smiled.

Katarina hesitated for a second to drink it, it was tasty, commenting, "It's good..?"

"They've got good beer here." Y/n said, chiding, "It's the best one too I think."

"Best one? Are there other kinds of beers as well???" Katarina wondered with an arched brow.

But here... It would also be seen as underaged drinking too, right?

After all he's currently still fourteen.

"Is something wrong?"

He flinched by the sudden question.

"Oh!" He chirped, sputtering, "I-I'm okay, I was just in deep thought f-for a moment there."

Y/n smiled before biting down on skewer, saying, "Try the meat too, the skewered meat here is a specialty from the chef."

Katarina did as he was suggested, and boy was he not disappointed.

"Hmm~" he smiled in awe, "Tasty~!"

Y/n's eyes widened choking on spit for a second watching, that was cute, she wanted to see more of that as she tried to clear her throat from drowning from nothing.

"Eat and drink lots." She laughed, before hesitating back, "Ah, no... Don't drink too much, I think because you might get a hangover the next morning."

'Is his body strong enough to handle alcohol just fine though? I can somewhat handle it just fine but rarely, I do get hangovers as it is.'

Katarina smiled laughing when he nodded, he didn't notice her almost choke from how adorable he looked a moment there.

Hic!

Y/n flinched and looked back up at him, she meekly chuckled, 'Drunk already?? You must be a light drinker.'