9: Unspoken Truth

Sora was left feeling perplexed, sighing, "These clues left behind didn't make any sense..."

Was Katarina kidnapped??

Did her kidnappers put up a fight?

What is with these clues?

They needed to rack their brains into it, possibly, Anne could be able to help them a bit so Gerald asked Keith to get her for them.

"Why is this item under Katarina's bed anyway and how did it get there?" Alan asked.

"The kidnapper must've left it under her bed on purpose while doing his deed," Gerald suggested with a disgruntled tone.

That was a possibility as Mary chidded in, "But Maria seems to see something else, Prince Gerald."

"It's covered with dark magic." Maria said. Dark magic was involved, this was getting worse by the passing minute.

"Okay, I and Lord Nicole had finally gone through everything in this suspicious old book." Raphael came walking inside while letting Nicole in before shutting the door behind them.

Nicole placed the book down on the table.

"What is it about?" Sophia asked.

"It's..." Nicole seemed hesitant to tell them about it.

"It's about all of you and Lady Katarina herself." Raphael helped him with that.

"Huh?" Gerald blinked, feeling confused as Nicole offered to let him open it together with the others to see.

"Everything was suspicious in it like how weird it is that it was in Katarina's handwriting. It tells about all of you, including her." Raphael said.

"Hm..?" Alan squinted his eyes, questioning if he was reading it correctly, "Katarina Claes was the villainess..? Am I reading it wrong?"

"What??" Mary blinked.

"You aren't reading it wrong." Gerald shook his head before flipping over a random page, he saw his name, flinching, "Ah--!? A cold, dark hearted and sadistic Prince..!??"

As much as it sounded funny, it wasn't since Katarina was not here and could potentially be in danger, he was baffled here, "What is this..???"

They read everything inside the book, from the beginning to the end. It was about them inside a game that was hosted by the light mage heroine, Maria Campbell and what made it weirder was that all of these would've fit their descriptions well if Katarina hadn't saved them.

They knew it that well of course. If Katarina didn't appear in their lives like now, they might've definitely ended up as they were in this old journal they had in their hands.

What was terrifying was that Katarina was going to be killed specifically by two people.

Either her brother or her fiance, which made the harem feel aggravated.

"How could I ever hurt her..!? I'd even kill the first person who'd think of hurting her..!" Gerald clenched his teeth, he couldn't believe it.

Keith came back with Anne in the middle of it all and read about his side.

Katarina had described him to grow up as a playboy womanizer due to loneliness, maybe if his sister hadn't come into his life he would've somehow really ended up like that.

"These are... These are not true." Maria frowned, she'd never even think or dare to try and get the love of her life hurt even if it's emotionally.