4: Problematic Runaway

The only thing that woke Katarina up earliest in the morning was undeniable cold sweat and hoarse breathing.

She sat up from her bed with her whole body aching.

Is she sick? Why is she suddenly sick?

She flipped the bedside lamp on to stand up to get herself some help outside.

An eye brow raised when she felt confused after standing up.

Why is she tall..? Well, she is tall but not this tall, right?

It was early in the morning, two hours before Anne will come to see her and prepare her for the day.

She spotted a mirror, quickly noticing an unfamiliar figure when she turned to look, immediately gasping as she slapped her hands to her mouth before she could scream any louder than that.

Who is that man in the mirror!?

She walked over and the man came closer. She pinched her cheek.

"Ouch..!" The man in the mirror winced.

No, wait. This was her!!!

She went pale for a second.

How did this happen??

She...

He..!?

He became a man!!!!

He patted on his body, fortunately, his gown had turned into a pair of white pants and a white shirt, pajamas. It'd be a funny sight to see a man wearing a small woman's gown.

He gulped. He can't be seen like this.

They might kill him since he doesn't look like her regular self, maybe they'll think he's an intruder and immediately put him on a death penalty!

'Wait, if I'm like this I can run away without getting caught and be free from my doom flags..!' that thought quickly made him positive of the situation.

'If I can leave now and take my horse I can leave before they could catch me!' he stepped back from the mirror and looked around him.

He needs to get dressed now and fast before Anne comes inside the room but all he had were dresses. No, wait, her gardening clothes and boots could work.

He opened his closet doors wide and began to pull the dresses out and in a panic, he didn't care about them, he needed to find that unused green gardening uniform that was somewhat too big for him back then.

He doesn't need to worry about underwear at the moment since it somehow changed together with his transformation too. Wow.

Thus he rushed to grab the necessary items he needed.

He was sure he had one spare that was just too big on him that he left it be in the very back in case he'd need it one day. He put it on as soon as he saw it.

Since the white shirt he was already wearing was the same as a regular shirt, he didn't pull the zipper up all the way and the boots fit just fine.

He took the money he's been saving up hidden behind the closet. A few of the papers he's stuck behind together with it falling carelessly everywhere.

Grabbing the other necessities such as his current journal, his straw hat, his sword, and on accident, somehow the sheath fell off and he drew the sword around too hard with his strength and managed to cut the curtains.

This boy.. he does realize how much strength he's gotten after turning into a man. He took some vegetable seeds he left aside and his trusty gardening hoe.

He didn't even care about how he was stepping over all of his dresses with his pair of dirty boots before he jumped down and out of the balcony.

He's a monkey, and now that he's also a man, he has an even stronger grip with his doubled strength so it was with ease that he got down sneaking over to the stables.

No, no, he took some tomatoes and cucumbers on his farm before going to the stables for his horse. He taught his horse well to run in the dark, they'll be gone together by tomorrow before his family knows it.