38: Shy Farmer

The palm of his hands were rough from old long gone calluses and bruises, he knew that all too well.

Perhaps it's going to become a habit of him doing this.

Y/n ended up falling asleep a few minutes ago before everything he said to her.

"Good night, y/n." He felt the happiest tonight for some reason.

"What the..?" Larna was confused, the book suddenly stopped writing.

"What happened??" She wondered, the book had stopped, the incoming letter-by-letter words stopped and nothing came after but empty rough pages.

She sighed, 'Did this break or something?'

She began flipping through everything back and forth to where it ended, nothing happened.

It'd seem the entire thing stopped.

She set the book down shut on the desk, "I should grab a warm drink tonight.."

She was staying awake past midnight while everyone else went to sleep, resting for tomorrow's move by carriages again.

Though, she only turned around for a mere second. The book suddenly disappeared out of thin air.

...

Their relationship was exceeding too quickly.

Katarina didn't understand why, but she was developing feelings faster than she expected, she's never felt this before.

Maybe she's felt butterflies from noticeable flirts or Nicole's gorgeous smile but this was different from those.

It was a little suffocating but likable, the kind of suffocation felt when a heart greedily yearns for something that's either reachable or untouchable by mere human hands.

"Y/n.." he unconsciously grabbed her hand.

"Hm?" Y/n was paying the inn owner for their stay last night, "What is it, Katarina?"

She turned her attention completely to him after paying and walking out of there hand in hand, she never let go of him.

"Uhh.... I want to ask you something.." Katarina muttered.

"Hm? Okay but can you ask that once we're on the road..? It's best to go now so we get to the next village over earlier by a minute or more if possible." Y/n said after spotting Katarina's horse skipping toward them.

Neigh..

Katarina turned around to face their land transport, "Oh, you're here already?"

...

"Y/n, can I ask it now?"

"Hm?" Y/n looked up behind her when he spoke, "Oh, okay..? What did you want to ask about hours ago again?"

"Uhh.." Katarina looked around him on the road, there was nothing but open fields of grass everywhere, if there were trees then they were far from the road they were on right now.

"Do you love me?"

He might've spoken about it more bluntly than necessary.

Y/n looked back in front of them while thinking about it, "Well, I'm not quite sure either. I mean.. I loved the nights we spent together, they were pleasurable. I like your body since it's sexy and all that.. and...."

Katarina felt a little disappointed for some reason, "Would you only love me for my looks if you really are in love with me?"

Y/n perked up, "Huh? Of course not."