Nightly Training

◈◈◈

Yn was walking through the forest with the diary of the first hybrid who, he learned, was called Kathleen. She was a woman and disguised as a man so that she could take part in the dragon hunts. One day she noticed changes all around her Body; she could see better, especially in the dark, scales began to grow in her Body and one of her hands started to turn into a claw. But most importantly; she suddenly was able to cast magic. And her hunters group, like humans always did, began to use her as a weapon against a dragon, because they realized that using a drsgons powers was way more effective than their weapons. One day though, she stumbled into some kind of portal or something and landed in the Boiling Isles...Together with a human called Philip Whittebane. And that's where the backstory part ended for now. The next few Pages were about Kathleen learning how to control her powers, how she learned to turn as she wanted and a list of the different Versions of the Magic breath she was able to use.

He could use three of the five that were listed; Normal, Fire, Lighting, Poison and Rock... Well, he didn't quite know how to use a Rock breath or how it would look, but he didn't care either. The only thing that interested him right now, was how to learn to transform at will, because while he learned to like his new look, the claw could geht quite annoying.

He closed the notebook and stepped into a clearing with trees all around him an small stream in the middle. There were a bunch of flowers, growing and he was genuinly surprised to see a place so...green on the Boiling Isles. And the Moonlight, than shined on this place even let it look beautiful. But he Just shrugged it off and put his bag next to a nearby rock; and stretched himself. "Now to the training...", he muttered and drew a circle on to the ground, sat in the middle of it and went to Nhil's place.

◈◈◈

Nhil laid on the floor, his tail wrapped around a seemingly endless pillar. He was half asleep and breathed out small clouds of fire, while just enjoying the calm he had. But sadly it soon ended, when a bright lightflash forced him to Open one eye. In front of him stood Yn. The Boy wore a Magic repellant Hoodie, the owl Lady gave him some time ago. Was it that cold in their realm? Whatever. He slowly stood up with a groan and soon towered about the human.

"Hey, Brat" He said with deep voice, that echoed around the empty space. Yn turned around to him and smiled... Weird. He seemed to have forgotten to wear his concealment stone. "What do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious?" The Boy said with a grin. "I'm here to train."

Nhil groaned insided his head. This stupid grin. He hated and loved it. It always reminded him of the time were he wasn't trapped inside...whatever this is. He still had now clue, even now the spell, that prevented him to think about this stuff, was lifted. He didn't even know if he ever really was on the Boiling Isles or in the human realm. "Training again?" He asked. "You're doing this an awful lot lately, aren't you?" Yn shrugged in response.

"I wanna get better with the Dragon stuff", he said and sat down. "And how does this work better than with training?" He crossed his legs. "I even got an Idea in how to do it. It's the most cliche Thing ever, but Kathleen - the First hybrid - wrote in her diary that meditation helped her to accept her new Side...And well, maybe it'll work for me as well"

"Meditation?" Nhil questioned and tilted his head, before laying down again. "You think that will work?" He put his head in his front legs and looked at Yn.

"Only one way to find out." And with that the boy closed his eyes and took on the typical meditation pose.

◈◈◈