A Failed Plan

Follies at the Coven Day Parade PT.2

◈◈◈

Luz and Eda sat on a rooftop, carefully overlooking the ongoing parade.
"It's almost time" Luz whispered, aber looking down at her watch, while Eda looked around.

"Is that our float?!" Eda asked in disbelief, when she spotted a larger Emperor Belos effigy.

"Not Bad right?" Luz asked, snoring under her mask.

Inside the float sat Yn with Scylla in his lap, while King and Hooty controlled the float. They pulled some levers, making the float wink and finger gun at the audience, causing them to cheer in response.

"It's a Work of Art!" One of the bystanders yelled out teary eyed.

"That was our signal", Luz urged and Eda stood up next to her.

"Let's get moving", the older witch said and jumped from the roof.

"Okay", Luz said and took several attempts to get down, before just cowering on the roof with a yelp. "Uhm, I can't get down"

◈◈◈

Kikimora boredly controlled the float of the bard coven and looked at her watch, counting down the seconds.

◈◈◈

Yn, King and Hooty were looking at Hootys watch, which he wore on his tongue and the three of them began to count down; "Four, three, two-" Yn pulled a lever, launching fireworks from the float, making Raine gasp.

The firework exploded into the world "BELOS MORE LIKE BOO-LOS", causing the crowd to gasp and Raine to look up with an unimpressed expression.

"Should we, uh, do something about this", a coven scout asked from beside Kikimora. She looked at them.

"Yes, of course you Hangnails! I command all of you to investigate"

The scouts run off and Eda and Luz became visible behind the Bard Floa, before setting off smoke glyphs, engulfing Kikimora and Raine's float. Luz ran up to Kikimora and picks her up.

"And scoop!"

"Ooh! I cannot believe we are being taken against our will. What sayeth you, fiend?" Kikimora yelled out.

"Uh! That's right! I, Hecate, will whisk you away to my kingdom of mirrors and snakes" Luz yelled.

Amity, who was in the parade crowd, recognized Luz's voice and facepalmed
while letting out an exasperated sigh.

Luz looked at Kikimora, looked at her with an unimpressed expression. "Hey, come on. I didn't knowI had to
prepare lines." She whispered, not noticing Raine, who walked up behind her, ready to cast a spell. Luckily they were interrupted by Eda, used a plant glyph to tie Raine up in vines. She slinged Raine over her shoulder.

"Knock it off, you two. Let's get crackin", Eda Said and disappeared with an invisibility glyph.

"Right" Luz ,likewise, used a glyph to disappear.