A field trip to the Emperor

Agony of a Witch PT.1

◈◈◈

Lillith and Tabitha were watching Emperor's Coven Guards, bringing in several wild witches. The two witches turned around and walked back into the Palace. They walked through the halls and stopped infront of a huge stained glass window, picturing Emperor Belos.

"I haven't forgotten what you've promised me. I will bring you my sister."

"And the hybrid." Tabitha added and clutched her dragon artifact. It felt warm. Whenever she mentioned Yn Najera, her artifact reacted to it.

"They why the delay?" A voice spoke from behind them. Lilith quickly turned around, while Tabitha continued to look at the stained window.

"Uh, Kikimora." Lilith stammered.

"The day of unity is fast approaching and the other teams have bound many wild witches to coven and yet, the Owl Lady and that Dragon Boy still roam free. Are you...protecting them?" Kikimora wondered with a slightly amused tone. This made Tabitha chuckle.

"Don't you worry, twerp. We are doing no such thing." She turned around to face Kikimora, who looke annoyed.

Lilith put a smile one. "Rest assured, Kiki. I have everything under control." She snapped and the guards approached in command. "Today we capture Eda and her apprentice. Once and for all."

◈◈◈

Tabitha peeked through some bushes, observing the Owl House. The weird owl face on the door was currently sleeping. She sighed quietly and then walked back to Lilith and the rest. "That house demon you talked about seems to be sleeping."

Lilith nodded and looked over to the guards, who already drew their weapons. "Surround the house!"

"Sleepwalking....Sleepwalking..." Hooty said to himself before abruptly waking up. "Sleep hooting!" He smacked into the ground and popped out between Lilith and Tabitha. "Hiya Lilith! Peek-a-hoot!" He screamed as he smashed Lilith into a tree. "Sorry, Eda doesn't like trespassers, but I am always here to make new Friends! Hoot!" He smacked Tabitha over the head, making her fall headfirst in the mud.
He then went over to bonk a guard and then wore one of the guard's armor. "Oh! Look at me, I'm a person now. Wobbly, Wobbly whoo! Watch out." He hit another guard before tossing the Armor away. "Bye friend! Oooh, I feel like dancing!" Hooty began wobbling and shaking around to attack oncoming guards.

"Blegh" Tabitha made after she stood up and wiped the mud of her face. "Are we seriously getting beat by a dumb bird tube?!" She growled and drew a spell circle, that got disrupted when a guard was thrown her way.

Lilith grunted, standing up and picked up her staff. She shot a spell at hooty, who unknowingly dodged it by bowing down to the ground.

"Oh hey! Look it's bug!"

Liliths spell chopped a tree, making it fall. Tabitha just made it back onto her feet and immediatly got knocked back down by the falling tree.

"Aaaww! Just an old leaf... Well that's good too!" Hooty yelled and ate the leaf.

◈◈◈

Wearing a yellow scarf, Eda looked out of the window, using binoculars to watch Hooty fight off the Emperor's Coven Guards. "Ah Hooty. You're a thorn in my side" She took a sip of tea when a Guard was slammed against the Window. "-but you always dig your way into my heart."