A Fake Quest

Witches before Wizards pt2.

◈◈◈

Luz sheathed the toy sword from earlier and placed it down as YN pulled out his carving knife. The girl continued to pack for her quest, while Yn sat down next to her. He looked at it with a raised brow and put it to the side. This knife probably won't help, if they get into danger.

Quickly he grabbed his backbag and opened it to pull out the little dagger he found together with the wristband. He looked at the dagger. It had a slightly curved blade and the handle had a little dragon head and the same black crystals as his wristband.

King sat on top of the sleeping bags. The demon and the dagger wielding boy looked up as Luz spoke.

"So King, what Kind of chosen one should I be?" She asked as she palced her hands on her cheeks.

"Huh? What?" King yawned and lied down as Luz grabbed her book and held it up.

"Should I be a full of optimism and goodness, like the Good Witch Azura?" She moved the book to the left. "Or should I be like a bad girl Chosen one with black nail polish and a mysteriously withdran attitude?" She put on a sassy expression with an eyebrow raised as she talked. She opened her book and made it looke like it talked. "I act like I don't care, but I secretely do"

"Why do I feel like we will soon encounter this trope?" YN snorted as he put down his dagger, when Eda came into the room with a severed hand.

"Oh, you guys talking about bad girls?" Eda asked as she waved the hand around.

Yn stared at it in confusion. 'Where'd she get that? And what does she need that for?'

"Wait, whats going on?" The older witch walked into the room and put the hand on her shoulder.

"Eda, tell Luz how dumb wizards are." King stood up as he put a hand on his hip.

"Urgh! Wizards are the worst. Never trust a man in casual drapery. Why." She looked at King with a questioning look. The demon started laughing and tried to explain everything.

"Your wizard client told Luz that she's a chosen one" He laughs as he pounds his fist into the sleeping bag.

"Wait, wait! Luz?" Eda started to snicker and soon it tunred into full blown laughter. YN frowned at them.

"He even gave her a map!" King said in between his laughs.Embarassed Luz hid her face behind her book as she leaned against YN. He glanced at her with a worried look, before wrapping an arm around her.

"Let me see this map" Eda said as she walked towards them. Yn grabbed the scroll and handed it over to the older witch. She inspected it for a few seconds before a smirk formed on her lips as she looked back at the teens. "You didnt think this was realn did you?"

"What?!" Luz said as she stood up in shock. YN sighed and rubbed his head. He had a headache since they left the castle.

"This map is bunk. There's no lake with a celestial staff on the boiling isles. I would have stolen it ages ago." She explained as Luz looked down. She noticed Luz' frown and handed her back the map with a small smile. "Ah, dont worry. Couple more months here and you won't look like such a mark." She ruffled Luz' hair.