His own little Training Arc

The Owl House was shrouded in darkness, when Yn carefully sneaked past the sleeping Luz, with Scylla on his shoulder and a bag in his hand. The moonlight was the only thing, that softly lit up the room. It fell right onto Yns empty sleeping bag, which made him feel bad; if Luz would've woken up now, she immediatly would have worried again. Probably she would go to Eda or Yuhria, who would've exactly in known where he was.

But even though they forbade him to - because of the Emperor, whose minions were everywhere by now - Yn just had to get out and train. Especially after the disaster at the Coven Day Parade; he let himself get captured and lost control for a short while again. And this scared him, because the last time that happened he went in a rampage against this demon hunters. He didn't want anything like this to happen again.

Slowly he walked down the stairs, panicking each step, that they would crack and wake someone up. But they didn't and Yn and Scylla both sighed in relieve. Before Yn shushed her and Scylla nodded in determination, making him smile brightly.

He continued to sneak through the house, up to the kitchen through which he left the house.

"Where are you going?"

Yn jumped in surprise and let out a little yelp, before turning around, ready to attack, but stopped when he saw that it was only Hooty.

"Hooty!", Yn hissed with a soft glare, "what did I tell you about sneaking up on me? That could've ended badly"

"Sorry", Hooty said seriously apologetic, "but where are you going? I thought Eda and Yuhria didn't allow you to go out at night"

"I need to train", Yn whispered back. He didn't want to wake anyone Up.

"Can't you do it with you Dragon friend?"

"I could, but this time I don't want to train my spirit or magic or the control of my powers", Yn replied, "Nhil told me I need to train my body as well if I want to continue my training for Control. And that's exactly what I am doing"

"But what if Eda and Yuhria find out?" Hooty questioned and Yn sighed. This actually was a good question. What if they did find out? Would they just scold him, or worse? Scylla gave a worried noice and tapped Yn's cheek with her paw.

"I know, Scylla. But they won't, because Hooty won't tell them" Yn looked Hooty directly in the eyes, "right?"

Hooty hummed and looked at Yn through narrowed eyes. "What's in for me?"

"A week's supply of dead rats."

"Deal!" Hooty yelled out and Yn immediatly grabbed him and covered his mouth.

"Hooty!" He hissed. "Quiet!"

"Oh, sorry!", Hooty said and retreated from Yn a little. "I won't tell anyone!"

"Thanks Hooty", Yn whispered with a Smile, "I mean it" Scylla formed into her staff form and Yn sat down on her before flying away towards the forest.

◈◈◈

The cold night wind swept around Yn, ruffling his hair as it lightly nipped at his skin and he smiled. He really loved flying on a staff. At the beginning, when he still had to be with in Eda staff, it was weird but now that he had his own, he loved it. Sitting on the staff and rushing through the air made him happy and sent a tingly feeling through his body. He just felt so...free. And this feeling was everything he ever wanted.