A Completely Normal Day

Once Upon a Swap PT.1

◈◈◈

It was a bright and sunny day to be on the market. For King though it was one full of frustration. The small demon was jumping on the table, trying to grab a flag.

Sadly for him though he still was to short to grab it and he refused to get help from Yn, wanting to do it with his own two claws.

"You're not going to reach that flag, King." YN sighed. He looked at a book about plant magic, while taking notes. "You'll only fall and get yourself hurt."

"Shut Up!" King quickly glared at Yn. "If I focus enough I will reach it!" He jumped one last time and fell off the table and into a pile of junk, a sock getting stuck to his face.

Yn looked up from the book with a raised eyebrow. "Told you so."

"No! The flag ist cursed!" King looked up with an angry glare, pointing at the flag. That's when Luz came by, carrying an ladder and a sign.

"It's been a little slow around here, but I've just got just the thing to attract customers." She Said, placing down the ladder. She climbed onto it and placed the new sign above the old one before tapping it. Instantly the light glyphs carved into it began to light up the writing on it.

"I actually don't mind that." Yn mumbled, continuing to write his notes. "Gives me more time to study plant magic." He softly tapped the book with his pencil.

Luz looked down at him. "Yeah, where did you even get that book from? The library?"

"Nope." Yn answered not looking up from his notes, still writing. "From Willow, the best plant witch we know. She lent me the book when I bumped into her a two days ago. We talked about some magic and I mentioned that I am interested in plant magic. And now I am here, studying it." He explained with a soft smile as he turned to Luz. He raised his eyebrow when he saw the brightly glowing sign. It even had a small winking Eda on it.

"...What is this?"

"Well, this is my plan to attract customers! And besides, who doesn't like their name in Lights?" Luz asked, innocently smiling.

"I don't know... But I would say a wanted criminal wouldn't like that" He shrugged and put his notes into the book before closing it. "But it looks great. I have to give you that."

"If great means something else between you two." A familiar and annoying voice said.

"Oh great." Yn said, crossing his arms with an annoyed smile as he looked at the new arrivals. It was Bosha with two of her friend.

A dark-skinned girl with white hair, which he recognized from the other day, she was one of Amitys Friends, and a random blond guy with a beanie on his head.

"Hey Bosha! Hexsidians!" Luz greeted them, friendly as she was. "See anything you like?" She asked gesturing to the stuff on the stand.

"Ew no!" Bosha scoffed.."I'm just here to take an ironic penstagram next to your weird flashing trash sign." She summoned her scroll and took a picture with the unprepared Luz making a weird face in the background, while Yn just looked at the pinkette with a raised eyebrow.