Memory Deepdiving

Understanding Willow Pt.2

◈◈◈

"Yes. It's me." The Dragon spoke through Yns bracelet, as the Teens continued to look at it in confusion.

"But how?" Yn asked, tilting his head, while Luz stood next to him, smiling, she seemed genuinly happy to hear Nhil's voice, and Amity just looked at them in confusion.

"I wish I would know." Nhil growled. "But my guess is that the Owl Lady's spell somehow affected me as well, or that it's just something I can do." He then sighed. "But you probably should get going. I'm pretty sure you still have work to do."

"Right!" Yn said, looking around. "Restoring Willows memories." He nodded and went ahead. Luz and Amity shared a look before following him through Willows memory lane.

Yn looked around and Nhil hummed.

"The Blight girl, messed this place up real good, hm?" The Dragon said. They were almost able to hear him smirking.

"I can hear you." Amity hissed and glared at the bracelet... Which made her feel dumb. Why should she glare at an inaminate object?

"I know." Nhil simply retorted.

Amity rolled her eyes and looked around. "Where's the inner Willow? Do you think it'll help?"

"I'm not sure" Yn shrugged. "I don't know how this inner Person stuff works. It could be that inner Willow will react extremely sour towards you."

"She'll show up eventually." Nhil said. "It always takes a moment until the inner person realizes that someone, who doesn't belong is there." He explained.

"Well, maybe we should just start to fix stuff" Luz said, determined like always. She turned to one of the memory trees and put her hand through the picture, only for it to faze through. Giggling she repeated the motion a few times until Yn stepped next to her.

"Found something?"

"Yep, I found something magical" Luz smiled. "Imma put my face through it." And that's what she did. She grabbed the picture frame, put her face through it and, what else would you expect, fell through it.

"Huh." Yn said as he climbed after her. He set foot on the ground and it felt like he was standing on sand. Which he was. Once he took his time to looked around, he noticed that they were now standing on a beach. "Interesting." He said as he looked back at the picture frame he and Luz popped out from. "So this is how this all works...hm.." He put his head back through to see Amity looking around confused.

"Luz? Yn?!" The greenete then looked over to see Yns head popping out from one of the paintings, which Made her jump a little.

"Hey." He said and reached for her hand. "We found something. Come along, Ames." And with that he pulled her into the painting.

Amity gasped when she saw where they were. "Lake Lacuna!"

"So what kind of memory is this? Did you play around here? Is this were you and Willow first met?" Yn asked and stepped next to Amity, who took a few steps forward.

"None of this. This is where Willow and I took swimming lessons!" Amity replied and started to walk around. Luz and Yn shared a look before following her. "The ash must be from the fires." She looked around until she spotted an old wooden structure. "Our fort! In the dunes! One time Willow and I wanted to play hooky from our swimming lessons, so we built this." She rushed over to the fort and began to pull stuff from it. She pushed a plank into Luz's hand and another, bigger one in Yns.