Owl Mama adopts weird demon

Eda's Requiem Pt. 2

◈◈◈

At the starting line, the students, competing in the Gland Prix, got ready. When Luz saw Eda walking up to her and King, she immediatly got over to her and hugged her. "Eda! So glad you could make it!"

King walked up to her and handed Eda's staff to Luz. "I, uh, would really like to tell you something before the race starts." He said nervously.

"If it's that important", Eda said and crouched down to him, putting a hand on his shoulder "we can talk about it after the race, when you win, okay?"

"Yeah, uh, okay." King said dejectedly, as Perry and Gus walked up on stage and began their speech.

"Welcome, everyone, to the Gland Prix!" Perry announced loudly, as Gus used his magic to activate the huge crystal ball behind them. "The contestants will fly down the right arm to the cubital valley", the crystal showed what he was explaining. "They use speed, cunning and magic to race to the checkpoint and back to the finish line." He picked up a wrinkled, old portal. It had a kind of humanoid face. "Winner will get their name etched on the cup of ephemeral glory-"

"All Victory is fleeting." The cup said.

"-and an on camera interview, seen by everyone who's watching across the Isles," Perry, Said excitedly. "On your mark, set..." He lifted the Cup, which began to scream, signalising the students to Beginn flying.

"Go, Baby, Go!" A demon Woman yelled and looked over to Eda. "Which one ist your's? This is so exhilarating!" She exclaimed, but Eda just looked at her with an unimpressed expression. Until her crow phone ringed.

Surprised she took it Out her hair and answered it. "Raine?" She questioned.

"We got a tip about another taid. I now you're busy but-" They began, but where cut off by Eda.

"No, it's fine. I'm on my way."

◈◈◈

The Bats met up right in the forest, near a broken down Bridge. Amber, Katya and Derwin jumped over it to the other side, while Raine summoned their violin. 

"This should be the Spot", they said and played a note on their violin, sending out an echolocation like, circular wave. After moment they looked around in confusion. "Something isn't right." Suddenly the three Bats member's, who jumped on the other side of the broken bridge, got trapped by abomination goop.

Raine and Eda quickly hid away behind a rock, as a puddled of abomination goop, closed in on The trapped bats members and turned into a male, purple haired witch. "That feels better." He said, as a smaller, child-size witch broke from the ground. He had a wild mane of auburn hair, tied into a big fluffy ponytail, and his body was covered in orange fur. "Looks like we missed a few." The abomination witch, said and stepped towards the trapped witches.

Raine gasped. "It's head witches Eberwolf and Darius."

"Which means-" Eda began.

"-we fell for their trap." Raine concluded.

◈◈◈

Luz gasped for air and got visible again, startling a Saint Epiderm Student, causing them to fall back, allowing Luz and King to get past them.