fifty five

25 May 2021

My entire body is encased in a blanket of warmth

My entire body is encased in a blanket of warmth. Warm puffs of air fanning over the skin of my neck, Harry's arms tight around my body while he stays nestled tightly in the crook of my neck.

I keep my eyes shut, shifting closer to him and relaxing as he adjusts where his hands lay to rest on my bare stomach.

A sleepy hum leaves his lips when our baby boy begins to kick at his hands, I smile at the feeling. My two boys.

I continue to pretend to be asleep while Harry begins to wake up behind me, his fingertips drumming back against my stomach.

"Mmm, baby boy gotta calm down, don't wanna wake Mumma up." He whispers, voice vibrating against my neck as he talks.

I suppress my smile, feeling him continue to tap against my stomach while our son kicks back at him.

These are the moments I long for. The simple, quiet moments that I'll cherish, I savour things like this and wish they could last forever.

"Addie?"

I hum out.

"Are you awake?" He asks quietly and I again hum out. "Can you roll over? Wanna see you."

His arms loosen around me as I begin to slowly shift, I'm starting to get to that point where moving around in bed is harder. He helps me, supporting my body until I'm greeted with his sleepy face.

"Hi, m'sun."

I smile, "hi."

"M'gonna talk to wiggly boy." He informs me before he's shuffling down the mattress and under the blankets, his mess of curls being the only thing in my vision.

My fingers thread through his thick curls, it's getting long and I hope he never cuts it because he reminds me of a puppy right now.

His lips litter kisses over my skin, baby sweet potato going still before Harry leaves a particularly hard kiss and he kicks back at him. "Wow baby, how hard have your kicks gotten? My strong little boy."

I smile, twirling his soft hair around my fingers and shutting my eyes again to just listen to Harry talking to our little boy.

"Me and Mumma picked your middle name the other day, you're named after your Nonno, he's in the stars with your Uncle Teo. I hope you have your Mumma's looks 'cause she's very pretty, you're gonna love her, be a little Mumma's boy."

I smile at the thought, feeling our boy continue to kick away. He really likes the sound of Harry's voice, well, or he hates it and wants him to go away.

"We've got to find you the most perfect name now, don't worry though because we'll find one."

We fucking better.