eighty five

Warning: mentions of death

2 April 2022

"And little Sunshine learnt to crawl today

"And little Sunshine learnt to crawl today." Posie talks softly to Harry, both her and Capri always keep their voices quiet when we're in here. I've never told them to but they seem to always know that there are people here that are ill and they need to be respectful of that.

They were both raised incredibly well, thoughtful and considerate little girls and I'm sure both Addie and Harry will be so proud of the children they're raised together.

I continue to paint Capri's nails, she requested purple today so the light lilac colour is being gently swiped over her tiny nails. She keeps moving so I have to clean the polish off of her skin, it's okay though because she's cute.

Posie's carefully holding Harry's hand, her thumb gently moving over the back of his hand. She's such a gentle little girl, always has been and she reminds a lot of Addie.

"He also likes to try and bite us." She chuckles softly, "he'd bite you the most cause you like cuddling Mumma and Sonny loves Mumma."

I grin, concentrating on Capri's fingers to make sure I don't mess them up but also loving to listen in on how Posie speaks to Harry like he'll respond, it's bittersweet.

Watching the girls interact with him with such gentle care and love is something I wasn't expecting but they've been so perfect, I hope Addie gets to see that with them because she'd be so proud.

It's taken a lot for her to come here today, it's going to exhaust her mentally but that's okay because this is a step in the right direction.

This is a massive moment for Addie and I'm so proud she's fighting her fears to come here today.

The plan is to come in here for a few minutes, see how Addie feels before we head to grab something to eat and then return to Harry's room to say goodbye. I'm sure we'll be here tomorrow, the girls and I for sure.

I'm just waiting for her to text me that she's here so I can go out into the hallway to reassure her before she comes into the room.

I'm slightly nervous but it's mostly for her, I'm nervous for her. I don't know how she'll react, if she'll get upset or cry and I'm anxious about it.

I'll comfort her but I hope she's able to see how strong she is by doing this.

"Alright..." I screw the lid back onto the nail polish before lifting Capri's little hand up and beginning to gently blow against her nails in an attempt to get the polish to dry quicker. "You keep blowing on them and don't touch anything until I check."

She nods, knowing the drill by now and I turn to look over at Posie just as she leans down and places a kiss against the back of Harry's hand, it makes me smile. She's just a sweetheart.