eighty one

Warning: this chapter involves discussions about refusing to eat and overall unhealthy habits/mindset.

26 February 2022

"Can we listen to sunflower?" I hear Capri behind me, she decided to get up at the ass crack of dawn and demand stupid pancakes

"No, we can listen to my songs."

"No! Sunflower!" She argues back. I look over my shoulder to see her scowling at me, the little shit.

"You woke me up at five in the morning to make you pancakes, that means that I pick the music and I say we listen to my songs." I tell her and her little features morph into cute anger.

She reminds me a lot of Addie when she's angry, like a little puppy that could never actually hurt you even if they try. Although, I think when Capri gets older she's going to be a lot less like Addie and be more confrontational.

Posie's definitely Addie's mini and I don't think anyone really knows where Capri's cheekiness has come from.

"Daddy's music is better."

I whip around, "oh! You did not!"

She giggles, covering her mouth with both her tiny palms finding herself absolutely hilarious.

"We," I gesture between us with the spatula in holding, "arent friends anymore."

She rolls her green eyes, "good."

Oh, she's really testing me this morning. She knows exactly how to push my buttons and for some reason being a menace today is what she's decided to do.

"Alright, guess that means all the pancakes are for me. You'll have to make your own." I tell her, folding my arms against my chest as I lean backwards against the counter.

"I'll tell my Mumma that you're mean." She threatens, raising a brow at me.

"Sneaky." I point at her with the spatula and she raises both her brows at me waiting for me to tell her that I'll continue making her pancakes. "As long as you don't tell your mum I'm mean I'll make you pancakes."

She sticks a hand out to me and I take a few steps forward before leaning over to take her little hand in my own. "Deal." She grins, retracting her hand. "Carry on."

I spin back around, going back to the pan and quickly removing the pancake from it and laying it on the plate beside me.

"What do you want with it?" I question, turning around to slide the plate to her.

"Strawberries and cream... oh! Orange juice too." She requests, "cut the berries."

She's definitely not demanding at all.

I grab it all out of the fridge, moving to stand opposite her and beginning to cut some strawberries up before dropping them onto her pancake and handing her the cream.