fifty four

24 May 2021

"Careful, Cece

"Careful, Cece." I remind Capri as she runs down the edge of the pool, "no running."

She slows down to walking, heading for Harry who's led on a lounger beside the pool with his eyes shut. I think he's asleep.

I watch her walk around where Harry is towards Posie who's sitting on the first step of the pool with cups that she and Capri used to have a water fight with a few minutes ago.

"Cup, gonna 'et Daddy." I make out her loud whispering, Posie scooping up some water in a cup before handing it up to Capri who remains on the edge of the pool.

I chuckle, watching Capri approach Harry with a cup full of water. It's sloshing over the side and hitting the ground because it's so full, she manages to not spill too much by the time she's reached Harry.

She raises the cup, leaning over Harry before pouring the water all over his head and upper back. He flies up from the lounge chair, Capri squealing with laughter at his shocked reaction.

Anne and I are laughing as well, watching Harry grab Capri who squeals with laughter as she's thrown into the air. "You little monster!"

She screams, laughing her little head off as Harry holds her in his arms.

He's soaked, water running down his bare shoulders and chest while he stands with his swim shorts low on his hips.

I watch him jump into the pool with Capri in his arms because she can't swim, water flying up around both their bodies and they disappear under the surface momentarily before popping back up.

Capri gasps, clinging to Harry who's treading water to keep them both afloat. He reaches and moves some of her wet hair out of her face, smiling as she moves closer to him and presses her cheek against his.

He swims over to me on the other side of the pool where I'm sitting with my feet in the water. I watch him hold Capri close until he reaches me and lifts her out of the pool with my help.

She plops herself down beside me, Harry resting his chin on my thigh while reaching his hands up to place them on my bare stomach.

Our baby boy kicks at his hands which makes his smile widen, Capri even reaching over to feel her little brother kick. She's gotten used to the feeling now and understands he kicks because he can't talk to her yet, she actually seems to quite like him right now.

"Hiya baby 'tato!" She giggles, patting my stomach gently as he kicks at her tiny palm.

She's caught onto Harry's nicknames for the baby, baby sweet potato is hard for her to pronounce so he's baby 'tato'.

I still can't believe I'm over halfway through my pregnancy, we're going to meet him so soon.

"Is he saying hi?" I ask, feeling her gently tap her fingers against my stomach.