sixty

I am not a doctor nor do I have any knowledge about how certain things work in a hospital, I have researched things for this chapter but if they aren't completely accurate I apologise.

Warning: Medical problems, discussions of miscarriages.

26 June 2021

"I'm sorry Mr Styles, neither of them made it

"I'm sorry Mr Styles, neither of them made it."

That's all I can think about, those nine simple words.

What if I hear them?

What if I lose Addie and our unborn son?

I can't be a single dad.

Capri and Posie would be devastated, I couldn't tell them their mumma and baby brother died.

And Niall, what would I tell him? He'd never be able to cope with losing her, she means so much to him.

I can't stop crying.

People watched me bring Addie into the hospital, they saw her bump, they saw the blood. I'm scared someone recognised me and that they'll plaster the news all over social media before Addie even knows what's going on.

I hope that no one says anything on social media because this is my life, my real, raw life.

The  downside of fame is that there's nothing I can do that's completely private because one day someone will find out. Whether it's days or months later, my moves will be found out and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

My hands are shaking, I literally have nothing with me right now. My phone, thankfully, is in my pocket. I need to message someone at some point because Addie will need a change of clothes and I'm not leaving this hospital unless it's with her.

All my thoughts are consumed with Adalaide, my sweet sunshine girl.

My own personal sun.

No one would understand when I say that she is literally the sun, my sun.

"Excuse me...Harry?" The sound of my name falling from a woman's lips makes my head snap up to see the nurse who'd told me to wait out here standing in front of me.

This is it.

"Is she okay?" It's been less than five minutes since I walked through the doors with her.

She smiles gently, "she won't let us touch her, very inconsolable and is asking for you."

My heart drops that she's gotten herself worked up again, she was barely conscious when we came through the door and I can't imagine how scared she must have been as she began to come around to just see strangers.

"I'll take you to her, we didn't want to sedate her without trying another option." She explains and I nod, springing up from the chair ready to follow her.