nineteen

31 October 2020

"Daddy's here!" Capri shouts, her bare feet slapping against the wooden floor as she goes to answer

"She's loud today." Posie mumbles while I continue to do her facepaint.

Laughing at her monotone voice my eyes go through the kitchen door as Capri squeals while she greets Harry.

"She's excited to go trick or treating and to see daddy, are you excited?" I ask Posie, knowing she's most likely worried about having to interact with strangers.

She shrugs, averting her eyes from mine in an attempt to avoid the conversation. "You know, Sweet P, Uncle Niall told me he's got a bucket too and he needs some extra help."

Her eyes flick back to mine, "he wants my help?" She asks softly and I nod my head with a smile on my face as I finish the pink face paint on her face.

I reach for the pink headband on the table, "mhm." I hum softly, placing the headband on top of her head before adjusting her two ponytails on either side of her head.

She jumps off of the dining chair, adjusting her pink tutu with her little hands while Capri comes bounding into the kitchen with her tiny hand in Harry's.

"Hi." My head tilts back, still sitting on the chair so I can see him better.

"Good evening, happy halloween." He grins, moving forwards to lean down and plant a soft kiss to my lips.

"Ew, daddy stop it!" Capri attempts to pull him back, him smiling as he rests his lips gently against mine.

This morning I woke up to a long message from him because Halloween to me is what Christmas is to him. He was all sweet in the message, telling me he hopes I have a spooky day and that he will join us all trick or treating later.

Since having the girls I've always gone with Niall and Louis, Amelia joining when she joined our lives. This is Harry's first experience with Halloween with the family and we go all out.

"M'sorry Angel, you know I gotta kiss mumma to say hi." He turns to her, my lips quickly pressing against his cheek to reciprocate the affection.

Ever since we got intimate together our dynamic has changed ever so slightly, we are both more affectionate with one another around the girls but we haven't slept together or really spoken about what's going on between us.

I like where we are now in our relationship.

Harry's around a lot, either taking Posie to school and then spending the day with Capri or he'll pick Posie up and spend the day with her. He's giving them both equal love and not treating them differently at all.

It's also nice for me to then spend loads of time one on one with each of the girls instead of being split between doing stuff for both of them.

If it's Daddy and Posie day then it's Mumma and Capri day and vice versa.