epilogue IV

14 August 2027

"Mum." A fragile voice wakes me up from my deep sleep, rolling over in Harry's tight grip before peeling my warm body up from the bed and switching the lamp on.

The bulb illuminates the bedroom with a warm glow, my eyes going towards the door to where Capri is standing with tears blanketing her inflamed cheeks.

"Little sun, what's the matter?" My voice comes out soft, moving my bare legs out from under the warmth of the duvet.

She cries harder, clutching Percy to her chest desperately. When I reach her I don't have to crouch down much to be head level with her, reaching out and pulling her into my arms.

"Why are you crying, Angel?" I ask her, combing my fingers through her messy curls while she clings to me.

"I had a scary dream." She tells me through a sad hiccup while I scoop her up from the floor so her legs wrap around my waist.

"Oh, I'm sorry baby." I whisper, sitting back on the bed with her in my lap. Harry shuffles across the mattress to be closer to me, resting his cheek against my thigh while he continues to sleep. "Can you try to tell me what it was about?"

She nods her little head, pulling back so I can see her vibrant green eyes. Instinctively, she begins to play with my messy hair, twirling a strand around her finger and focusing her attention on it.

"About when Daddy got hurt." She whispers out, looking over at Harry fast asleep next to her.

"Oh, little sun, I'm sorry you had a dream about that." I sigh, bringing her closer to my chest and resting my cheek against the top of her head. "But Daddy's okay now and he'll never be hurt like that again."

I run my fingers through her hair to softly break the curls up while she sniffles and calms down against my body. I slouch in the bed against the pillows, my eyes falling shut with a tight grip around Capri.

I end up falling back to sleep, waking up when the door flies open and smacks hard against the wall behind it. Harry groans, pulling the blankets up over his head while three tiny bodies launch themselves up onto the bed with us.

"Mumma! Daddy!" Lovelyn squeals, giggling softly as she bounces on the bed. Ruby takes a different approach and instead launches herself onto Harry's body, him groaning in pain as her tiny knees dig into his stomach.

Sonny crawls up and snuggles into my chest with Capri while Harry gets attacked by our littlest babies. Suddenly, he launches up and grabs them both while they're in mid air which makes screams erupt from them both.

"Daddy!" Ruby grabs his face, she's his little clone. She looks a lot like Capri but she has Harry features all together, I don't think she looks anything like me like Capri does.

Lovelyn, on the other hand, has blonde hair with big brown eyes and she looks just like me. They are literally so different but they both have so much love to give, most of it is for their Daddy.