my sunset

⚠️ Child loss mentions ⚠️
Her voice rang through my ears.

Madelyn took a step back and I slowly moved down from the counter.

Her eyes were watering and she smiled at me "I found you"

My feet were moving before I even had the chance to think and I was running. I didn't break in time so I just ran into her but she expected it and caught me in her arms.

I began to cry and she held me tighter.

She pulled back just a bit to see me and moved my hair from my face. "I found you" she repeated and I seen the tear that had fell from her own eye.

"I thought-"

"I know, I'm sorry"

"What happened?"

"Things went wrong but I fixed them, I made them safe for you. You can return now"

I smiled but then remembered where I was and who was watching and that smile fell "I can't"

She looked confused "why not?"

"You died and I..."

"Moved on" she said finishing my sentence.

I slowly nodded.

"Oh" she looked behind me to Madelyn then looked over to Evelyn who had at some point walked in and stood next to her sister. "Which one?"

I turned and looked at the two woman before leaning into her ear and whispering my answer.

She watched her for a minute before letting go of me and walking up to evelyn.

I watched and seen that look soni started towards her but I was to late, she swung punching Evelyn right in the face and another punch was thrown but this one was Madelyn. She punch Lilith right in the face.

Lilith went back and I grabbed her pulling her away and she laughed. "I like them"

I grabbed her chin making her look at me and her lip was busted and blood started to come from her nose from just one hit.

"You're insane"

"That's why you fell in love with me, my insanity matches yours" she joked.

I walked her to the sink and left her there and Madelyn was pissed and Evelyn held her nose.

"Let me see" I said moved her hand away "did you have to hit her so hard!?" I said scolding lily.

"Sorry"

"You're nose is dislocated" I reached up and she flinched "I got you" I said softly and she relaxed a bit and I put my hands in the same familiar stance that I've had to use hundreds of time. "I'm going to put it back on the count of three okay?"

"Okay"

"Count for me"

She went to say one and I popped her nose back into place and grabbed her head pulling it into my shoulder as she screamed. I moved fast enough that she didn't even get the scream out until she was in my shoulder.

"You said count to three" she yelled against my shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry"

I moved away and saw the tears in her eyes.

I moved to Madelyn and grabbed her hand. "It'll bruise but no further damage. Can you open and close your hand for me?"

She didn't do it.

"Madelyn come on"

"I'm fine"

"Then open and close your hand"