the deal

I had finished the last report when the elevator opened and a woman walked out "hello I'm Sam, Ms. Jackson said she was expecting someone so you can just go right in"

"So you're Sam" she said stopping at my desk with a smile.

"I am, I'm sure your mother has told you about me"

"Oh she said you didn't know about the deal yet but I guess they didn't bother waiting for me to tell you"

"Deal?"

"...I guess they didn't tell you. Don't worry they will. I'm excited and I hope you agreed to the terms" she said "you are beautiful" she walked off and into the office and shut the door.

What the fuck is wrong with this family?

I decided to open the cooler that I had put under my desk and take the bottle I grabbed first out which happened to be vodka. Nice. Where's Jennifer?

I grabbed the phone and called into Madelyn's office "I told I was to not be disturbed so whoever this is pack up and leave you're fired" she said.

"But I just spent all yesterday watching two gorgeous women putting together a baby room, fine. can I atleast have have a thirty day notice?"

"Sam shut up, I didn't know it was you. What do you need?"

"Where's Jennifer?"

"I sent her home early because she wouldn't stop crying. Why?"

"Just wondering, hows Thomas doing?"

"He's fine, he fell asleep on me"

"Aww that's cute"

"Hey I have to let you go"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye"

I hung up and grab ed my bottle and went to the elevator and down to the front desk "do you ever get a day off?" I asked Roxanne.

"I do but you call me on my days off to have a conversation with you"

"You're off tomorrow right?"

"I am"

"How'd you get here today?"

"Well my cars in the shop so my husband dropped me off and is coming to get me when my shift is over but maybe later since he doesn't get off till later"

"It's 8:15 what time does your shift end?'

"9"

"Good" I sat the bottle on the counter and smiled "wanna get drunk?"

"I'm on work hours still"

I shrugged "you're with me you'll be fine. Do you have any shot glasses?"

"We have coffee mugs in the back"

"That'll work"

I walked around the desk and sat in the spinning chair next to her and she got up and went to the back and came back with two mugs and handed me one and sat hers down and I opened the bottle "you're a terrible influence on me missy"

"I know but you love me"

"You think everyone loves you but one of these day that live isn't going to be enough to keep you out of trouble"

"And I'll take responsibility for whatever I did but until then" I started pouring vodka into our cups "let's drink"

It took about half an hour before we were both feeling the effects of the alcohol and I was feeling more then her since I was going heavier. "We need music!" I got up and walked over to the microphone that looked like what schools used to speak over the speakers "does this thing work?" I asked.