who willingly runs?

I pried my eyes open and when I looked around I seen machines and needs attached to me.

A door opened and they met my eyes and smiled dropping everything in their arms running over to me "Sam! You're awake, I thought I lost you" she said sounding relieved.

"What?"

"You were in an accident Sam. You rolled from a fucking cliff and I thought you were dead"

"Oh...where's your jacket?"

"What are you cold? I could get you another blanket or I could have Evelyn get you a jacket. I'll call her now"

"Now it's fine... you're cute"

She laughed a bit "thank you? How many drugs did they give you?"

"No idea" I said looking up to the bags.

"I missed you so much" she put her hand on my cheek and smiled even wider trying to contain her happiness.

"Wait...are you not the doctor? I don't doctors should touch their patients like this"

"That's not funny Sam"

I stayed quiet and she looked worried "Sam please tell me you're joking"

I shook my head and she stepped back and ran her hand through her hair in that hot way.

"What's your name?" I asked her

"You really don't remember?"

I shook my head.

I saw her look away for a second and I saw the glimpse of a tear. She pretended to scratch her nose and wiped the tear before turning back to me keeping her composure "I'm a friend of your mother's. I came to make sure everything was okay and I should get going"

"Wait, can you tell me more?"

"I should probably be going"

"Please, I want to know. Where do I work? Where do I live? Am I married?"

"...you don't have a job you're a stay at home mom with your son thomas who you adopted because your father abandoned him, you live in a nice house"

"In the country? Does it have a lake in the back!?" I asked a bit excited and she smiled and nodded.

"It does. It's a four bedroom, you wanted the extra space just in case. You're not married you're not even in love yet and that's okay because you still have time to fall in love. And you will one day, you'll find someone close to your age and someone mentally available and who treats you like the queen you are. Anybody would be the luckiest person in the world to have you call them yours"

"And what about you? How did we meet?"

"... we're nothing to each other"

"Oh" I said a bit disappointed.

"I should leave I have work"

"Oh okay. Will I see you again?"

"No, no you won't"

"Oh"

"Goodbye Sam"

"You can call me Samantha"

She shook her head "I promised I wouldn't do that anymore"

"Okay"

She walked out and I was left alone. Eventually doctors came in and asked me some questions and told me that my time will come back after some time but it might take a while.

After they left another woman came in and she was playing with her sleeves and looked like she'd been crying and would barely met my eyes "hey Sam" she greeted.