Stairs.

I was currently running in heels in new York trying my best not to get ran over or spill my coffee all over the only nice pair of clothes I have

I'm only wearing it because I start my new job today. I'm going to be the assistant for Madelyn Jackson one of the most successful woman on this planet and since she goes through her assistants like I do woman, I was finally given a chance to work for her.

I slowed down once I got into the building and walked to the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Samantha Hill and I think I might be late by a minute but I had to run here and I'm in heels"

"The new assistant?" I nodded "you might be the quickest one she's fired and thats beating the one she fired after ten minutes"

"Why'd she do that"

"Tripped and spilt coffee all over her, then she wouldn't stop crying about it so she got rid of her, she didn't care about the coffee it was the crying she wasn't going to deal with it, so never cry in front of her"

"Okay, anything else?"

"You're late so I can't answer that. Take these and go to the top floor theres an empty desk, you should've brought your own laptop and I'm hoping it's in the bag on your hip. Sit in the desk and the wall is a window so she'll see you so sit and wait patiently"

"Okay" I grabbed the badges she handed me, why do I need three?

"The one in the middle is to work the elevator the others you'll figure out"

"Okay thanks" I walked over to the elevator and hit my floor and scanned the card.

I was tapping my foot the whole time until I got to the top floor and as soon as they opened up I saw a woman in black suit pants and a maroon button up with a black vest and her sleeves were rolled up to show the tattoos on both arms and she had something in her hand and threw it at the wall and the object shattered. Okay so anger issues I can deal with that.

The elevator doors started to close and I was still in it so I went to quickly step out but dropped my cards I was just given and the elevator closed.

"Shit" I whispered and started hitting the button trying to get the cards back.

"Hitting it more than once isn't going to make it come back faster." Her voice was smooth but had a pinch of a rasp and it made my tummy feel weird.

I turn to her and she was leaning against the glass wall. "I'm sorry"

"Quiting already?"

"No, I plan to stick around a while. I just dropped those cards I was given in the elevator when I was getting off"

"How'd you do that?"

"My hands are full"

"So I see, put your stuff down before it happens again"

"Right" I walked over to the empty desk and as soon as I started to put it down the elevator opened so I tried to hurry up and sit everything down.

"Put it down right, not in a messy pile" she instructed.

But the elevator. I started doing what she said trying to hurry and organize it then I looked up to her and she gave me a single nod and elevator doors started to close so I tryed to get there before but it shut right in my face. I took a deep breath and hit the button again and started tapping my foot.

"Stop doing that"

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Tapping your foot"