monster in law.

The rest of the day was spent with all four of us in the room in-between mine and Madelyn's.

We were building the baby room and we're almost done but only had a couple more deliveries left.

Madelyn was currently holding Thomas and feeding him and Evelyn was putting together some type of rocking chair that'd go next to the bookshelf.

The two sisters kept arguing over the music playing so I just took the phone and played a random song and let the playlist it selected itself play out.

"Hand me that screwdriver" Evelyn said and pointed to a screwdriver without even looking up so I crawled over and grabbed it and handed it to her before crawling back to my previous spot.

When I looked up both woman had there eyes on me "what?"

They both went back to what they were doing and we relaxed for a while and Evelyn finally finished the chair and sat down in it first and started rocking back and forth and I thought she was going to fall a couple times but she never did.

"Hey Sam, you should go downstairs and get that box by the door, it's not a cardboard box it's a wooden one and it looks like a tool box but has some stains on it, I got it out earlier but forgot to bring it up" Evelyn said.

"Yeah I can do that" I agree pushing myself up and head downstairs. It took a second but I eventually found the box near the couch but there were three of them and I wasn't sure which to grab and I was about to go back up to ask but a knock on the door distracted me. I'm already down here why not answer it.

I walked to the door opening it and a woman stood on the otherside with an umbrella and a man behind her had two suitcases but he was left to the rain.

"You must be the new maid" the woman said.

"No, I'm the assistant actually"

"Why are you dressed like that then?"

"It's my day off"

"So you're here?"

"I'm a personal assistant and I live with her"

"And she lets you dress like that?"

"She doesn't care if I'm not on work hours. Who are you?"

"You don't know?"

"Nope"

"Get Madelyn here now, and fetch me some tea"

"Not in my job description" I said and closed the door. I grabbed the box and they knocked again but I just went upstairs and back to the women "there's some lady at your door, I opened it but she was kind of a bitch so I closed it. Is this the box you needed?" I asked.

"No, it was the other one. I'll go deal with the woman at the front door and grab my box it's okay. Thank you for trying" Evelyn said and got out of the chair "here try this thing out" she said as she was walking out of the room.

"Madelyn do you want to? You are feeding the baby" I asked once she was gone.

"No, I'm fine go ahead. I don't want to feed her and rock at the same time he might get sick"

"I don't think she will"

"Honestly it's fine, have a seat" Madelyn said so I reluctantly sat in the chair and she smiled up at me. "Do you wanna hold him just in case my sister needs back up?"

"Yeah, I can take him. Of course"

She pushes herself up and walks over to me bending down and our faces were so close that I could feel her breath against me. She gently put the baby on my chest but she let her hand travel up to my cheek and she rubbed her thumb across it looking at my lips.