If I Had a Taser, You'd Be On the Ground Spasming Right Now. (16)

Pic of Natasha ---->

~*~

I looked at everyone. They all nodded. I faced Scott and Autumn. "Okay guys. It's your choice. Are you sure you want to know?"  

They looked at each other and Scott spoke up. "As you girls would say--spill."  

I took a deep breath and started, siting on the edge of the couch beside Chris. "Alright. Paris, would you please hand me that photo album right there?"

    Scott      

The girl named Paris handed her the photo album. Mona looked at me, biting her lip. "Come here, Scott."   I went to her and stood behind her, looking over her shoulder. I was close enough so that I could smell the watermelon scent of her curly hair. I tried my hardest to focus, but it was kind of distracting. Understatement of the century.    

She flipped through the album to the third or fourth page, running a finger over the plastic smoothly before stopping a at picture. Call me a Romeo copy cat, but I wanted to be that plastic. She looked up at me, since I was taller than her. Her head rested against my chest. "Do you recognize the girl on the left?"  

I studied the picture. The girl was blonde and he hair fell past her shoulders out of the picture, in fact. She was wearing a faded pink shirt with jean shorts, her piecing green eyes were sparkling with laughter. Her arm was slung over someone I immediately recognized.   

"You look unhappy," I commented, looking at Mona Lisa. The younger Mona's hair seemed to be just as long as Natasha's, and she was scowling. I could see that she'd been crying before the picture was taken, because her eyes were slightly pink. Automatically a surge of sadness overcame me. I wondered what was wrong. As if she read my mind, she explained:  

"She'd gotten mad at me and thrown my favorite book in the toilet before this picture was taken. My dad had given it to me, just before he left us. That was the only thing I had of his." The others were silent, but when I looked up I could tell that they were upset. Even Aimee's cheeks were stained with a bit of red. "We were thirteen," she continued, shutting the book. "No one else in our family was my exact age, so whenever we had to do something we were always paired up. We were cousins, but truth be told, we hated each other. She was privy to not showing it around the adults, but I knew she did. I just never knew why.  

"She was already richer than us as well; her dad had struck gold in the marketing area and she thought that she could get her way with anyone. We went to the same school, and despite what French and Paris did to make it better she made my life a living hell. Aimee and Emily were targets too, until Emily punched her in the face. Then it was just me and Aimee.  

"I avoided having crushes on guys and making real friends because she would aways take the guys she knew I liked--she was and still is so much prettier than me." I strongly disagreed, but let her go on. "And she would make people who talked to me's lives a living hell too . She had fake friends who were too scared of her to say anything against her. They were both in awe and fearful of Tasha, I guess. Either way, she was the queen of the school."  

She smiled ruefully and looked at Christian, ruffling his hair affectionately. I tried not to get jealous, I sincerely tried, but I slightly gritted my teeth. Mona, either oblivious or ignoring my stupidity, went on.  "One day, though, a new kid came to town. He was humble, hilarious, the only guy-klutz I know, and very, very, very irritating to me. He sort of liked me, and I didn't like him at all. It was strange, for me. I was usually was a very civil person, but he brought out -- and brings out -- the absolute worst--" 

"I would just like to say that that's not true," Chris cut in for the first time, grinning at Mona. "I just bring out the fun side."