25

(Chapter 25)Acceptance

(Chapter 25)
Acceptance

~*~

Author POV

Jimin had been thinking all night about the proposal he had gotten from the others about being in a relationship with all of them. It wasn't something Jimin had ever truly anticipated happening. Jimin was used to being given away and never truly settling anywhere.

After all even after he moved from the Daegu Orphanage and Taehyung during his childhood, he didn't settle long into the Busan Orphanage. In total he moved to 5 different Orphanages after leaving Taehyung. So his childhood had never really been stable, always being uprooted before he could get used to it.

By the 3rd Orphanage he had refused to unpack his meagre belongings, because he held a fear that he would not stay long. The families he stayed with in hopes of adoption was something that Jimin refused to speak about, there were too many fears, insecurities and issues that came from those families. 

In short, beginning a relationship past a friendship terrified him, never mind settling into a relationship with six people. But the more he sat and thought about it, the more he realised that he cared for all of the men and that he could certainly be happy in a relationship with them. 

So with his mind made up he was able to sleep, though it wasn't entirely peaceful.

~*~

The day was a nice one, a bright sun in the sky despite the cold nature of the lingering winter months, Jimin barely focused as the cold air caused his skin to prickle with its caress. He stood beneath a large tree in the courtyard at the centre of the university campus.

Jimin scanned the area, his breathing shaky. They had all created a group chat last time they met so that they could easily contact one another. They had arranged a meeting through that for this morning. Jimin had arrived early, his body practically shaking due to nerves. 

Today was going to be a big commitment, something he has never really experienced before. But he was willing to step out of his comfort zone for the men he had come to care for, he wouldn't say he loved them in the way their relationship was about to pan out, but he certainly held them dear.

They all began to show up at different times, each coming from their own directions. Whether that be from sports, their dorm or lectures Jimin was unsure. But soon they had all congregated together and Jimin was leading them down a street to a quiet café where they could talk without interruption.

~*~

Once they were seated within the quaint café that Jimin loved to study within, due to the good food and the quiet and calm atmosphere. He needed that calm atmosphere in this moment of vulnerability. 

What Jimin didn't notice was that the other men sitting before him were nervous too. Some where not good at masking it, while others showed a confident front with a nervous internal state. 

"So-" Jin broke the silence that had been filled with them all avoiding eye contact and sipping their drinks in awkward silence.

All the eyes at the table fell onto the eldest who had broken the silence, expecting him to get the conversation going. Jin sighed a little, clearly not comfortable with the role he had been issued. 

"How's everyone's week been?" he asked, it seemed to work as everyone began to chip in their input.

Some complained about lecturers, discussed topics they had learnt that peaked their interest. Everyone listened with interest when another's eyes sparked with passion as they discussed their interests.

The conversation was what solidified it for Jimin. After their awkward start it had seemed uncomfortable, but the moment they started talking, they easily fit in. The conversation wasn't awkward, everyone was respectful and appreciative and Jimin admired that, he even chipped in with tales of his own week not wanting to miss out on the bonding. 

It was only when the conversation seemed to trail off did Jimin gain the courage to speak what was on his mind and relieve the pressure built in his chest. 

"About your offer" he began.

That got the attention of everyone at the table, Jimin squirmed at all the eyes upon him. He was used to being in the background for everyone, ignored. But oddly enough being the centre of their attention brought him a sense of confidence that fit in alongside the nerves.

"I looked it up and researched what you said about this type of relationship" He had done this in his half panicked state last night. They had told him all about the type of relationship dynamic it would be and that had helped ease his mind, but some things he just wanted to research for himself for clarity. 

"And I would like to accept" Jimin finished, finally feeling like he could breathe. 

If Jimin had ever been doubtful about how a person's entire face could light up with joy, he could say that no longer. As six faces lit up with unadulterated joy at his simple acceptance, some leapt from their chairs to round the table and pull him into excited hugs. 

Jimin was squeezed between Jin, Taehyung and Hoseok who had managed to sneak in for a hug first as they were in closer proximity to him, but the others were hovering waiting for their chance to steal away a hug. 

But his heart truly swelled with what he might call love when the simple words were spoken by them all.

"Thank you for accepting us".

~*~

So they are happy together now.

How would you react if I said that the reveal is coming soon, like in the next few chapters......

Anyway I really hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter