19

(Chapter 19)Sparky and Purple Wizard

(Chapter 19)
Sparky and Purple Wizard

~*~
Author POV

Jimin hadn't been expecting to see Hoseok tonight, surprisingly he was with the man he usually saw playing music in the square outside the coffee shop he worked in. 

"Hi, what can I get for you?" he greeted them both after establishing names. 

They both ordered and added several extra drinks along with theirs, indicating they had come out with others. Jimin could tell the music man wanted to talk to him, he twisted his hands nervously on the bar, but clearly he was lacking in the confidence to get the words from his mind to his mouth.

Jimin disappeared into the bar as he collected drinks or grabbed ingredients to make cocktails. He placed the bottle drinks on the bar before the pair and got ready to make one of the 2 cocktails requested.

He had only been working there for a couple of weeks, so his cocktail making skills weren't entirely up to par with other skill bar staff working there. But he was doing the best he could with his training, he felt like it would come to him better over time.

When he finally made the the last drink, it was the music man who plucked up the courage to say 'Hi', though he looked incredibly shy about it. Jimin gave him his best smile back, soft at how nervous the man had been to talk to him. He whispered back a 'Hi' it probably only looked like he was mouthing the words due to how loud the music in the club was.

Hoseok paid for the drinks and people were already barging into the bar wanting top ups or new drinks, Jimin couldn't remain with the pair, having to do his job after all. He was rushed away to deal with another group of rowdy students hounding another new co worker for drinks, Jimin coming to her aid. She thanked him with a grateful smile.

The night continued much like that, people constantly hounding him for drinks, people becoming more and more drunk as the night progressed.

~*~

"What has gotten you so blushy?" Namjoon teased Yoongi, having known the music major the longest he could get away with teasing him more. Not facing the shortest man's wrath.

"He saw his crush" Hoseok answered.

Yoongi was flushed all the way to the tips of his ears. He was shy when he was embarrassed. Dipping his head to hide his scarlet face from his teasing friends.

"Yoongi has a crush, how come I didn't know?" Jin leaned in, taking a sip from his cocktail.

"We want it all, spill the details" His friends were leaning in. It was rare for Yoongi to show interest in anyone romantically, so to see him with a crush and scarlet cheeks was a rare show that they all wished to cop into.

"He works in a coffee shop in the square Yoongi busks at. He keeps on bringing him drinks on cold days even giving him some of his tips on the occasion." Hoseok shared.

They all cooed over Yoongi's crush, as Hoseok shared how he had met the man, what he looked like. Taehyung was silent as he began to describe the man.

"What is his name?" Namjoon asked.

"Jimin, not sure of his last name though" Hoseok shrugged, he knew it but he couldn't recall it at the present time. The alcohol beginning to dull his senses. 

"Park" Taehyung muttered, but they heard him.

"Yeah that was it" Hoseok pointed to Taehyung confirming his statement.

Taehyung sat there in shock, not sure how to process it.

"How did you know that?" Yoongi asked.

"Sparky" was all Taehyung said before he pushed himself out of the booth.

~*~

Approaching the bar all Taehyung could feel was panic.

Was it really him or just someone who shared the same name by coincidence. His confidence was both high and shaking as he walked the length of the club.

The blasting music had faded into background noise, barely noticeable.

Because it really was him. 

Taehyung didn't even realise he had tears coming down his cheeks, he wanted to rush to the bar and jump over bringing the smaller man into a bone crushing hug. Basking in his presence that he had missed for so many years.

But at the same time, it was a club, he didn't want to reunite with Jimin in this way. In a club where they could barely hear each other over the music, where Jimin could only look upon him briefly to make him a drink. Then would have to turn away.

Plus would Jimin even want to see him?

Had he forgotten all about him?

Was Taehyung just a distance, fleeting memory in the past?

They had only known each other briefly for 6 months before Jimin was forced away to the Busan Orphanage. Taehyung had mourned the loss of a friend he had built the fastest connection with in his life, even to this day he would say there wasn't someone who got him like Jimin did. 

So he forced his eyes away from the man, someone who he had longed to see again. He returned to the booth, where his friends awaited confused at his disappearance.

He didn't say anything to them, he didn't want to share this moment till he reunited with Jimin on his own terms, though he did ask Hoseok the name of the coffee shop.

~*~

When Jimin arrived at the coffee shop, it was named 'Beans'. It wasn't original, but it was cute in Jimin's opinion.

He was tired from his shift the night before at the bar, it had been as busy as the day they had initially opened and Jimin had worked until he felt ready to drop from exhaustion. He was bleary and barely awake as he took orders.

It was mostly a silent morning, so he was able to to just shut down for moments, letting himself work like a robot on autopilot. 

The bell rang as a customer entered.

"How can I help you today?" Jimin asked politely.

The man said his order, Jimin didn't even look up. His neck felt too tired.

"Take out please" the voice said.

"Name for the cup?" Jimin asked.

"Purple Wizard" 

Jimin's head snapped up and he was there.

Taehyung.

~*~

So were you expecting that.

Excited for the next update?

I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter