9

(Chapter 9)Music to lift the heart

(Chapter 9)
Music to lift the heart

~*~
Author POV

Yoongi was struggling to say the least. He had barely started university and he was already struggling to pay rent. He barely had enough money to rent out the room.

His parents having refused to support him due to his university degree choice. But Yoongi had stood his ground, choosing his passion for music over his parents desire for him to complete a business course.

He had taken to playing music on the streets to pay for food. His rent had been paid for the first few months from his savings from summer jobs. But he had less than enough to pay for a weeks worth of food. So music on the streets was his only option till he found a job that would take him on around the hours of his studies.

He sat on the corner of the campus, the October air was chilling and he shivered alittle. Fingers feeling stiff as they plucked the cords of the guitar. He had collected 23491₩ (£15 or 19$). It was good, but he could only buy a couple of meals and he had been playing for over 6 hours already, it had been an off day from his lectures.

He wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. So when a person left the coffee shop heading towards him he remained unaware.

~*~

Jimin had been listening to the man play in the court yard all morning. He had been working in the coffee shop opposite and despite the nippy weather the door was left open, 'it appeared more inviting to the customers' was the owner's opinion.

The man clearly knew what he was doing, he played a variety of songs, some up beat, others slow and though provoking. Jimin had recognised the man from the group. He had been the most memorable as he had been side ways facing and in view then they had been collecting their keys.

Watching him play brought out emotions in Jimin that he hadn't realised he possessed. So when his shift had ended he had bought a coffee for the man. He probably needed it to warm his fingers from being outside for so long and he didn't appear to be wearing any gloves either.

He stopped infront of the man, the man stopped his song abruptly.

"You looked cold" he offered out the coffee to the man.

He reached out with purple finger tips. He let out a small hiss as his hands wrapped around the cup. Cold fingers meeting with the warm liquid's shell.

"Thank you" he muttered as he took a sip.

"You play beautifully" Jimin added.