20

(Chapter 20)Reunion

(Chapter 20)
Reunion

~*~

Author POV

Taehyung wasn't sure how to react when Jimin raised his head. Tired eyes probably from the long shift the previous night looked upon him. He could see the exact moment it clicked in Jimin's mind of who he was.

"Taehyung" the name uttered was barely a whisper. But it caught Taehyung's ears none the less.

"Jimin" the name was echoed.

The coffee shop faded around them, all there was now were two friends, separated and reunited.

Jimin didn't think twice that he was an employee, he rounded the counter and Taehyung read his mind before he had even reached him. Arms were outstretched and waiting for the smaller man to walk into.

They collided, arms coming to wrap around shoulders and waists. A face dipped down to press into a shoulder, a head pressed into a nest of soft hair. They breathed as one, taking in the familiar yet changed scent. 

"I missed you" Taehyung was finally able to voice.

"We are here now" Jimin muttered back.

It took everything in him not to break down in that moment. Though they had only known each other for a very brief year in their first years of school, they had a close bond. Soulmates in a way. 

They needed no words, just each other. 

"Jimin" someone called out to him, he knew it to be his manager's voice. He was still on shift after all. 

Taehyung was reluctant to let go, Jimin could feel it in the way he pulled him closer, clung tighter. 

"How about I serve you a hot chocolate and I get my lunch break in 15 minutes, we can talk then?" Jimin offered, he felt Taehyung nod against his head, face still buried in Jimin's hair.

So they reluctantly let go, Jimin to the counter and Taehyung to the other side to order. Thankfully no one had come into the cafe after Taehyung, so there was no one waiting for him to serve them. So he was able to make Taehyung's hot chocolate, since he was sitting in to wait for him, Jimin did a little design on the top with chocolate powder.

The way Taehyung's face lit up at the dragon stencil art on top of the hot chocolate was worth it. He paid and bought himself something for lunch as well, since he would be eating with Jimin. 

The 15 minutes, seemed to drag on, as it always does when one in is anticipating an event. Thankfully there were some customers who passed through, some wanting sit in, and some taking out. That way he was busy and had less time to panic as he thought about the first conversation he would have with Taehyung in years. 

Perhaps they had both changed too much, no longer matched on the same wave length, or they were both hoping for the same familiarity, the sense of change but not so much that they could not be recognised. All the worrying thoughts were mulling around in Jimin's mind, making him shake a little. 

But eventually his manager came to the front for her counter shift, allowing him to go and take his lunch break. It was only half an hour, but he knew it would be well spent, or at least he hoped it would be. 

~*~

Jimin had retrieved his lunch, allowed himself a few moments to breathe out the nerves lodged in his chest. The sentence 'It's only Taehyung' being the mantra to calm him down. But he eventually plucked up the courage, leaving the safety of the staff area to the main body of the cafe, where Taehyung was waiting for him.

Taehyung had already moved to hug him before he could even get to the table properly, Jimin quickly slid his lunch onto the table so he could reciprocate the hug. Taehyung seemed just happy to revel in Jimin's presence. 

When they did eventually pull away, they both took their seats. 

"How did you find me?" Jimin asked.

He was curious, he knew Taehyung hadn't seen him at the dorms, he had made sure of that.

"My friends, Yoongi busks outside of here, Hoseok tutors you, they both recognised you at the club last night, I saw you. But I was too scared to talk to you" Taehyung bowed his head.

"I'm glad you came today" Jimin confessed.

"So am I, I almost didn't come" Taehyung admitted.

"Truth be told, I live in the same dorm as you" Jimin confessed. 

"You do!" Taehyung perked up "why didn't you ever come see me?" Taehyung looked at him, it felt accusing.

"I don't know, I saw you with all your friends, i thought you wouldn't want me around" Jimin shrugged, he looked so helpless, unsure of how to express his emotions clearly, they all felt too jumbled. 

"You know I asked my mother everyday if we could move to Busan so I could go to school with you" Taehyung said offhandedly.

Jimin looked up to observe his face, his eyes held no lies.

"You've always been my best friend Jimin, no matter how many people I become friends with you will always be number one" Taehyung stated, looking him dead in the eyes.

Jimin could only picture how pink his cheeks must have become. The words flustering him more than he could have imagined.

"You've always been my best friend too, I haven't got many, I'm glad you still count me as one" Jimin confessed.

"I told you we are soulmates, nothing can push us apart for long" Taehyung stated sappily.

"Have you been reading your sister's romance books?" Jimin laughed.

"Maybe" Taehyung grinned at the laughing man.

"It looks both normal and weird to hear such sappy words from you" Jimin admitted.

"Guess I'll just have to work on it then" Taehyung said leaning back, a confident pose.

"I'm sure you'll be good at it" Jimin agreed, his head was already racing in his chest purely from the way Taehyung was looking at him with intent.

"But you're the only one I want to impress" it went unheard by Jimin, voice to low to be audible.

~*~

So did you like their reunion?

Who would you like to see have a chapter with Jimin next?

I feel like we need more letters, since you know it is in the book title....

Anyway I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter