2

(Chapter 2)Space ships

(Chapter 2)
Space ships

~*~
Author POV

"Jiminie" Taehyung greeted him as they met at the school gates.

"Hi TaeTae" Jimin responded.

"We have another spelling bee today" Taehyung remarked as they entered the school gates.

"I hate them" Jimin pouted, hoisting his bag up further onto his shoulders.

"Why?" Taehyung asked.

"The words don't make sense." Jimin confessed.

"Sit next to me. I will help you" Taehyung declared.

"Thanks TaeTae" Jimin knew Taehyung was a good speller their teacher had complimented him on it before.

"Come on we are going to be late" Jimin and Taehyung took off running not wanting to be late to their first lesson.

It was Korean, the lesson they would be having their spelling test in. They pushed against the other children, taking seats next to each other as they now did every lesson. They had become inseparable in the past few weeks.

Both of them become close and fast friends.

"You can have my lucky pen, it might help you be a better speller" Taehyung offered his pen that had small drawings of space ships printed on the sides of them.

"But it's your lucky pen" Jimin protested.

"It works for my best friend too. I can spell well without it. But it should help you" Taehyung pushed the pen into Jimin's hand.

Jimin took it, holding like a precious gift in the palm of his hand.

"Thanks TaeTae" Jimin gave him a lopsided grin.

Taehyung smiled his boxy smile back. They turned to look at the teacher who had now entered the room.

"I hope you have all prepared for our spelling test today" her voice cut through the room. Silencing the last conversations till the room was quiet.

The class wordlessly nodded their response.

"Take a piece of paper each, pass them around if you have to. We will start the spelling test to begin the class." She instructed them.

The class all began to pass around the sheets of paper. The shuffling of paper the only thing to be heard in the classroom other than the occasional 'thank you'.

Taehyung angled his paper so that Jimin would be able to read it should he want to, or need to.

"We shall begin the spelling test now." The teacher began to read out the words slowly, with time inbetween that was intended for them to write the word down in.

Jimin soon found himself falling into the similar and familiar rut of missing words and struggling to think how to spell them. The words soon turned into messy squiggles on the page as he tried to write fast enough to keep up.

Taehyung seeing his distress at the teacher saying the test was over. Pressed his answers towards the boy. Jimin sneakily copied some of the words from Taehyung's test into the blank spaces on his own page. Not too many that would look suspicious compared to his results the last few weeks, but enough that he wouldn't be told off for not learning his words that week.

He grinned as secret smile to his best friend as the teacher came around to collect their spelling tests.

"You can have it back now" Jimin offered the space ship pen back to the other boy.

"Keep it, I have another one. They came as a pair. We can have matching pens" Taehyung held up another pen that had aliens printed on it.

Jimin nodded touched by the other boys kindness. He never got new things or gifts. Living in the Orphanage meant that he often got given hand-me-downs. They didn't have enough money to buy the kids new stuff, so most of the stuff was broken or almost broken.

"Want to go to the park after school?" He asked Taehyung.

"Can't, going to dinner with my parents. My sister did some sort of play and they want to reward her." Taehyung apologised.

"Oh, ok" Jimin looked dejected.

"We can tomorrow though" Taehyung declared.

Jimin grinned. He missed having a family to spend time with. Not that he even remembered his family. They died in a car crash when he was just as baby. Resulting him going into foster care at the age of 1.

He had never been to Taehyung's house. They often hung out at the park next to the school. Challenging each other across the obstictal course in the park and creating stories as they played. They were often super heroes, not hero and sidekick. Instead they were equals, neither more important than eachother.

Taehyung was a alien from another planet, his weakness being sand. He used the name Purple wizard since he thought wizards were cool and his favourite colour was purple. His special power was to create slime that would stick to the enemies feet and stop them from being able to move.

Jimin was a human. But he had magic fingers, Taehyung had told him this  after noticing Jimin's smaller hands. Taehyung noticing how they were more than a joint smaller than his own. So therefore his special power was being able to shoot fire from his pinky fingers. Therefore his superhero name had become Sparky.

They left the lesson.

"I will see you later" Taehyung declared, they had separate lessions until after lunch.

"Purple wizard out" Taehyung whispered to him as if it were the greatest secret in the world.

"Sparky out too" Jimin whispered back.

They did their unique hand shake that Taehyung insisted they make. He said that his older brother had said that all best friends had a secret hand shake. So they made one, it became more and more complex each time they added to it.

With Taehyung by his side he was bullied less, if Taehyung wasn't around they would still pick on him. But with Taehyung there they didn't, knowing Taehyung would immediately stick up for his best friend.

Jimin headed to his next class, ignoring the taunts of his regular bully. After all he was Sparky as secret superhero with his best friend and ally the superhero Purple wizard.

~*~

I'm sorry but Vmin are so cute.

Remember their superhero names is all I can say, it will be important later in the plot.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter