10

(Chapter 10)A pained mind

(Chapter 10)
A pained mind

~*~
Author POV

Namjoon had the biggest headache, he had experienced in a while. He suffered from migraines that left him trapped in bed in the dark sometimes for hours, it can last for days as well.

He had a sensitivity to light ever since he was a child, resulting in him wearing glasses, they appeared clear to others but they were dark tinted to help him. His parents being doctors had designed them to aid him.

Today was one of his bad days, his eyes felt like two suns were blocking them, he was practically crying in pain. The pain medication only doing so much.

He had tried to play it off as he usually did, but the moment he had taken a shower that morning ready to drag himself to class no matter how he was feeling. But he had promptly collapsed to the floor in pain as the hot water touched his scalp, erupting till he almost passed out.

At the very least he had become dazed for a couple of minutes as he sat down on the shower floor, back pressed to the cool tiled wall. It provided alittle relief.

He wondered what had brought it on, it could have been his increase in coffee, that was something his doctors had warned against. But he had desperately needed the caffeine to help him power through a short deadlined piece of work.

The increase in stress from coming to University and quickly being overwhelmed with work could also be a attributing factor.

He opened his laptop, wincing at the bright light that overtook his senses, even with the screen on the lowest brightness setting, it felt like too much. He shot an email to his lecture informing them of his absence, they responded quickly, knowing about his migraines. They sent an attachment of his work, Namjoon decided to leave it till later.

Collapsing onto his bed, he had tried to make the room as dark as possible, but light still peaked from under the door and around his curtains, he pulled his duvet over his head and crunched his sensitive eyes together to try and block out all the light.

He eventually fell asleep under the covers, his eyes and mind throbbing in pain all the while.

~*~

"Finally crawled out your cave?" Jin joked when he saw Namjoon collecting his mail in the lobby of the building.

"I haven't been feeling the best hyung. My migraines are getting worse, and I have a big deadline due soon" Namjoon complained, his tinted glasses slipping down his nose.

"Come on let's head up, I'll cook you something and help you plan everything out. You always feel better when you have a plan" Jin smiled as he headed to the stairs, Namjoon nodded.

Jin was right as usual, he gradually followed his hyung up the steps unaware of another student looking at his retreating back with a sorrowful expression.

~*~

It hurt Jimin to think of someone suffering. He knew what it was like to suffer and he would not wish that fate upon anyone. He may not know the cure to the migraines the other student suffered from.

But he knew in his most difficult moments when Taehyung had spoken words to cheer him up and lift his dampened spirits were the moments he felt at his best.

So he hoped if he left a note that his words would lift the spirits of the suffering man and bring him a little joy in his moments of pain.

He rushed to his room, his lessons having ended for the day. He knew the man wouldn't return to his mailbox that day, he had already collected his mail. That gave him the night to think and plan out his letter of encouragement.

He crafted his letters with a careful hand as always. The words were always from the heart, as Jimin felt they were the best way to get to someone else's heart. If you could feel the emotions of the letter's giver then you would know the extent of their ability to care.

So that's what Jimin did, he wrote from the heart, expressing his encouragement with every letter that flooded the small note.

He even added little doodles in the corners, adding a little bit of colour to make them stand out. Once he was finally satisfied with his work he headed down to the lobby.

Slipping the note into 402's mailbox, he hoped the man received the note with an open heart and allowed the words to comfort him in his time of struggling.

~*~

Namjoon's head hurt, it was a mild migraine he could handle, they happened so often. He was in pain but not enough that he couldn't go about his day.

He was returning from class where he was studying creative writing and journalism. Though he was more interested in the creative writing part  wanting to become a publish author in the future.

He was writing a book in his spare time, it was about a pair of star crossed lovers, through he had come to a writer's block that had stopped him from writing for months.

When he opened his mailbox he was surprised to say the least when he saw the little note. But he shrugged it off, thought curiosity was getting the better of him as he took the elevator up to his floor.

He sighed in relief when he opened his door to his dark room, he had taken a room on the North side of the building as he was darker than most of the other rooms that were East, West and South facing.

He closed the curtains and turned on his special lamp that allowed him to put on a dim light that he could manage without pain.

He took off his dimmed glasses placing them with care onto his desk. He picked up the little note.

~~~

Light can come in many forms, the sun, from the moon's rays, the stars. All millions of miles away but beautiful none the less. The light looks and shines upon you always even if it can cause pain, it also highlights beauty.

~~~

The note had little sun doodles and a couple of star constellations. Namjoon may not know the true intentions of the note giver but he could feel the words of comfort wash over him and it almost felt for a moment like the pain he was feeling vanished.

~*~

I know you guys said you wanted fluff but I start listening to an angsty playlist and this just happened.

But I hope you like it none the less.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter