8

(Chapter 8)A dancer's steps

(Chapter 8)
A dancer's steps

~*~
Author POV

The next person to receive a note from Jimin wasn't someone Jimin had expected. He knew the man lived in his accommodation, they were on the same dance course, both in different classes though. He had seen the man walking his way only to go into the classroom opposite to his own.

The man worked hard, Jimin always saw him stay after class, perfecting his technique and learning to make his movements fluid with each step he took.

Jimin had stayed later today, it was almost 8pm, the light outside diminishing into dark. The moon and street lights being the only light offered in the darkness of the evening.

He had packed away his training gear into his backpack, pulling his trainers on, the backs were broken by now and scuffed. But they fit and that had been a rare thing when clothes were passed down in the Orphanage. Jimin made sure to get good use out of them. He silently vowed to himself, when he had a good stable job he would donate a bunch of new clothing  to Orphanages, anything to help those in the situation he had grown up in.

His trainers made squeaking sounds on the floor, the cleaner having been here recently and left the floor wet with water. He passed the classroom opposite to his classroom. The lights were still on and Jimin could see through the clear glass in the door a man dancing.

He immediately recognised it as the man who lived in his accommodation. The bright red hair gave him away immediately. Jimin didn't know his name, but he had left an impression on Jimin.

Jimin watched in fascination as the man performed a clearly high difficulty skill, but mid way through he lost his balance, collapsing to the floor in an undignified heap. Jimin winced when he saw how hard the man's hands had hit off the floor, it was bound to have jolted his wrists.

He stood up slowly, it made Jimin feel concern for the man, had he injured himself in the fall. But never the less Jimin watched maybe for 10 minutes as the man repeated the same movement over and over again. Falling or stumbling on each turn. Some leaving him sprawled on the floor in frustration.

Jimin could see briefly when he turned his face looked red, it could have been from heat, frustration or tears, Jimin couldn't tell from this distance. All he knew was when the man looked to the door, he ducked and practically ran along the corridor, embarrassed to be seen snooping.

But he knew in that moment who the next person to receive a note would be.

~*~

Hoseok was beyond frustrated, nothing was going right. He needed to perfect this routine. He was supposed to be competing in a national's routine. He had been selected to do the solo dance as he was by far the best dancer of the group and able to gain a higher technical score. Which would be beneficial to the team.

He was adding a large finishing move to his routine. But for some reason or another his mind just wasn't in it. He missed more times than he landed, and even the landed ones were far from perfect.

He fell once again, landing harshly on his now battered hands. They felt like they were starting to bruise and landing full weight on his hands hurt. He grimaced, tears springing to his eyes, frustrated by the situation.

Why couldn't he get it right? He could do it right, or was everyone wrong about his talent, his skill, his passion. Hoseok desperately wanted it to not be true, but the concerns cemented themselves in his mind, growing like trees, roots lodged firm.

He looked up when he saw a shadow cast across the room, but then he turned to look, they vanished. Hoseok could vaguely hear the sounds of running footfalls. He sighed, probably a first year. It was Hoseok second year and, he wasn't unused to first years peeking in on his dancing, they were by nature curious.

He packed away his gear, making his way back to his accommodation.

~*~

His mailbox in the lobby was stuffed full. His parents always sent him way to many letter and messages. They preferred it to sending him texts, it was inconvenient at times but Hoseok wouldn't change it for the world. Because that uniqueness was just his family and he loved them all so much. Moving away had been hard for him, but he was going to become the best dancer he could be and make them all proud. Well prouder than his mums already were of him.

He reached into the stuffed full mailbox. There was so much stuff crammed into the metal container. He grabbed it all and carried it up to his room, 404.

He opened his door to his room once he had climbed the flights of stairs to the 4th floor. His tired legs aching from the exertion.

He dropped his duffel bag off his shoulder and onto the floor, he kicked it under this desk so he wouldn't trip over it later. He dropped the letters onto the table to sort out after he had showered.

It didn't take him long to shower, but he felt immensely better afterwards. His aching muscles becoming relaxed from the warm water.

He took his seat at the desk, towelling his hair, not wanting to catch a cold from wet hair. He read through the messages his family had sent. His little sister who was only 4 years old had drawn him a picture. She had been adopted by his parents a year ago. He had been born through surrogacy, never knowing his biological father. But he didn't mind, he loved both of his Mums and wasn't bothered that he didn't have a father figure in his life.

But the finally note in the pile had no name on it, nor was it in any of his families hand writing, Hoseok would know from how much mail they sent him.

He opened it hesitantly, and the words on the paper hit close to home as his eyes scanned over the carefully crafted letters.

After the long day of pain and failure he needed the words written in the note. He didn't know who sent them, but Hoseok had already dubbed the name angel to his little note writer.

~*~

A dancer must learn to fall and rise, like the curtains of the stage they dance upon. Falling does not mean weakness, it give the dancer an opportunity to rise higher and stronger. To make the audience sit in awe, don't give up on your grace and beauty, I can already see you as someone to watch under the spotlights.

- A fan

~*~

So we got to meet Hoseok. Did you like it. I tried to make it fluffy with Hoseok's family. Sorry if it isn't fluffy enough.

Who would you like to see get a note next and should it be fluff or angst/comfort?

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter