Enzo's pov

Leaving Amore's house so early was hard but if I wanted to see her the next day I had to take care of the Spanish messing with us. I got a call on my way home last night that one of our weapon shipments was intercepted. They shipped it but we had some casualties. Which is bad obviously, so I took the job off Alex and I now have to take care of it. The Spanish mafia are our enemies because we won't sell drugs, we only sell weapons. My dad stopped drug trading because he doesn't like the drug business and wanted to be remotely clean. So I am heading to the warehouse to take care of some paperwork and find out what is going on.

I have been at the warehouse for about an hour when I get a knock on the door and let Alex in. We talk about our problem and devise a plan that might work to get them off our back for a while. After that Alex tells me something that doesn't totally surprise me.

"Your papa is here. And I heard he has some interesting news for you."

I look at him knowing that my mama told my dad about Sophia and I know what my papa wants. My papa wants to step down. He has been thinking about it for a long time, and i'm guessing now is the time. I'm ready for it don't get me wrong but this means I definitely have to tell Sophia about the mafia tomorrow. So that she knows that I will be the don of the mafia soon and what that could mean.

"Ok I can take care of it. I'll head over now."

I get up and walk out with Alex and head over to my papa's office on the next floor. If I am right about him stepping down I could never be more ready, and I am excited to do it with the love of my life next to me.

I knock on his door as he calls for me to head in. I sit down in front of his desk and he gets straight to the point.

"Tell me about this girl Enzo."

I look at him suspiciously wondering what he is coming at, but I answer.
"Her name is Sophia, she works at a boutique. I met her through Stel..."

"No, Enzo, how do you feel about her? Is she a fling?"

I hesitate not someone who shows their feelings much but it might be nice to papa about this.

"Papa there is something about her that is special. I know she is my future wife. And just thinking about losing her makes me want to throw up. I haven't even known her that long but."

I stop talking when I see my dad smiling at me as he shakes his head. I look at him confused as he says.

"Enzo I have waited a long time for you to find someone to back you as the don. And you never did. Hell I thought I would have to just give it to you and watch you drown for a second."

He pauses before he starts again. "I'm glad I didn't, I waited because being the don is hard and you need someone to come home to who supports you. And I can see in your eyes that she is the one. So don't let go of her. Ok?"

I nod my head shocked at what he is saying, but also not I guess he did throw some signs out there I just never caught them to understand what he wanted.

"Enzo, When I meet her Sunday after dinner I will officially announce that I will be stepping down. Does she know about the business?"

"Not yet but I plan on telling her tomorrow. I am not too worried about her freaking out. BUt she will know by sunday." I replied surprised that he wants to move that fast.

"Good I don't think your mom and I could wait any longer to retire."

I talked to him for about another half hour. We talk about me stepping up and what I should expect, Sophia, and his trip that he was on. Stepping up doesn't seem like it will be too much of a change except for the fact that I will be doing more outings than inside work. But that's fine I can now take Sopia to balls.

Before I leave from work I text Sophia to make sure she is ok.

She is apparently closing up Honey's and is fine. I asked her if she needed a ride so that I had an excuse to see her since I am closer to her apartment. She said she had a ride which made me a little irritated but I had to remind myself that I will see her the next day. But the closer the next day comes the more scared I am that she won't want to be with me.