Sophia's pov

So when I say goodbye to her I let the puppies out in the backyard so that they can learn to go potty.  They quickly do and when I open the door I hear a rustle in the woods and shrug it off to be another squirrel or larger animal. I walk into the kitchen and put the puppies to bed for the night and head over to Enzo's office when I see him cleaning up his desk and it looks like he was about to stop for the night.

As soon as he sees me he smiles and gives me a hug and a slap on my ass which I snicker at.

"Did my mom and sister leave?" he asks me with a crease in his brow.

I nod my head and say "Yeah I already put the puppies to bed so.." and I raise my brows at him.

"Mmmm I like that Idea but before that I need to ask you something." He picks me up by my butt and sits down on the sofa by his desk. As I look at him he talks.

"So as you know now Antoni is in the Spanish Mafia, and they are my enemies." I nod at him and lean in for a kiss because I am horny and don't know why he is telling me this.

He kisses me back but doesn't let me go on as he says "Amore I love you but I need to tell you this." He looks at me and I sit back now understanding that this is bothering him. Even though his hand on my ass is really distracting.

"I'm sorry" he nods, kissing my forehead and then he continues. "So there is an annual ball that we are going to next week which I didn't tell you about. Can you come with me?" I smile and kiss him more and he pulls away with a smile that slowly disappears when he continues.

"So this ball has every mafia present and that means Antonio will be there. And today Antonio has asked me to sell you." My eyes go wide at what he just said. I know he won't sell me but it is still a crazy concept. "You know I won't do that and you aren't something that I can sell your human. But he has an obsession with you, we are close to war with them and I fear that this is a breaking point." he pauses and I sense that he still has something to say so I wait for him to speak as he rubs his hand down his face. "There is an agreement that no harm will be done but I don't trust them. So I want to warn you that I will always be by your side." He stops and looks at me.

I don't talk for a second  trying to wrap my head around this change in my life. Enzo rubs my back and watches me think for a minute. It doesn't take long before he picks me up and walks me to his bedroom. When we get in he runs a bath for us and when he walks out I say "Enzo I am more than happy to go to the ball with you. I just had to wrap my head around this new life." He nods at me and starts stripping to get into the bath and when he is done he helps me and picks me up to carry me in there.

When he walks in I see that there are bubbles in the water and he has wine set up to drink. I smile at him as he settles down behind me in the tub and he holds me close to him with his head laying on my shoulder.

"How was work today?" I ask him, he soon mumbles something into my shoulder but I ask again and he says "Long and tiring, I had to deal with the Spanish again. They are a pain in my ass and Antoni isn't helping anything."

"I'm sorry I don't know why he is acting this way and it doesn't help that we are together." He stiffenes turns me over in his lap, grabs my face in his hands and looks me in my face.

"My love, you are not to fault. He is an asshole who doesn't like the word no and wants what is mine. He is not getting it and I will do everything to make sure of that. So don't think that I regret anything because I know that tone." I nod at him and he goes in and  hugs me onto his body.

We sit there like that for a little while and Enzo tells me about all his work and what he had to do today as I listen and run my hand through the hair that is at the nape of his neck. When he finishes we kiss for a while until I remember that I had to tell him something. "Enzo I have to tell you something" He kisses down my shoulder and looks up at me as he does.