Picnic

Readers age: 4
It was a Saturday afternoon in summer and it was very hot.
'Mom.' You whined as you tugged on the bottom of her dress.
'Yes?'
'I'm too hot and I'm bored.'

Jennifer pulled you into her lap.
'How about a game?' She suggested but that was shut down pretty quickly as you immediately shouted no.
'I know. How about a picnic.'
'YESS I WANT A PICNIC!' You shouted excitedly.
'Okay we can start to pack.'

Jennifer emptied out bits from the cupboard that would be suitable for a picnic. She then grabbed a bag to pile it into. You began shoving it all in at once which left no room for other bits.

'No no you have to pack it like this.' Jennifer explained as she took everything out and packed it again but in a much neater way.
Once that had been taken care of Jennifer put your shoes on and hers. She then strapped you in the car. Soon enough you arrived at an open field with other people who had barbecues, other children playing etc. Jennifer took the bag in one hand and yours in the other. You found a spot and set up. You ate all the food and had a few drinks. A few hours had passed and the sun was getting lower now. It was 7:00pm and you felt your eyelids get heavy before finally closing as you drifted in a deep sleeping state. Jennifer packed everything up whilst being careful not to wake you. She again had the bag in one hand and was carrying you in the other as your head was laid on her shoulder fast asleep.

Hope you enjoyed.