Broken up

Readers age: 16

Readers age: 16

You were getting ready for your moms party she was hosting. You are really excited. At least you were. Your mom had announced weeks ago that she was hosting a party and all the 'big celebrities' were coming. You got so excited and bought your clothes and accessories way before Jen had even told everyone. Currently you were standing in front of the mirror with you dress on, hair in a messy bun and no makeup on. You were holding back tears and decided not to do any makeup just yet. You sat down in front on the mirror and grabbed your brush. You unwrapped the hair band that was holding your scraped back hair in place. You hair fell down past your shoulders and you began running the brush through your hair. The only sound in the room was the hairbrush. Once you had finished the silence in the room was deafening. There was about an hour left until the party and you decided now was the time to do your makeup. Once you had finished your mom called you to say people were going to arrive soon. You heard the door opening and closing opening and closing repeatedly for the next 10 minutes. You took a deep breath and tiptoed out. You could hear your mom and Courtney and Lisa. You could hear the the loud music. You could hear Adam and some marvel actors like Scarlett Elizabeth and Chris E.
You plastered a smile on your face and swallowed the lumps that kept forming in your throat. You made your way to the bottom of the stairs where you were greeted by everyone.
After your encounters with everyone you sat at the kitchen island and got yourself a drink. You had it in your hand and stared at the bottom of the liquid, swirling it aimlessly in your hand. Your mom was talking to some other people that were arriving the whole house was filled with actors, friends, strangers. It was very overwhelming. Once Jennifer was done taking she went looking for you. She pushed through the crowd before she locked eyes with you. She walked over to you before sitting down and clasping your hands in hers.
'You okay baby?' She asked.
You just nodded in response.
'Look I know when something is up with my own daughter.' She exclaimed. 'Do you feel scared, overwhelmed?'
'A little.' You replied quietly.
'Do you want to invite y/b/n?' She suggested.
You looked away from her gaze to the floor.
She cupped your cheeks and gave you a reassuring look. She scanned your eyes. Tears pricked at the bottom of your eyes, threatening to fall.
She instantly knew what was up without even asking.
She gave you a kiss on the top of your nose before politely sending everybody home.
It was now just you and her. She sat you down on the sofa. You placed your head on her shoulder and she stroked you hair with one hand. Jennifer lay back against the sofa as you placed your head now on her chest. She still stroked your hair whilst you felt your eyelids get heavily and eventually close before falling straight asleep.

This took a little while but I hope you enjoy.
Thanks for your request!