Ill

Reader age: 13-16

'Mommmm.' You whined as you walked down the stairs and swung on the end of the banister.

'Y/n please don't swing on that.' Jennifer lectured without even turning around.

You climbed onto a seat at the kitchen island and pulled out your phone. You were scrolling through tiktok and Instagram,catching up on missed messages and emails.

You mom placed a bacon sandwich infront of you with a side of fried eggs. (You can change this if you don't like it.)

'Y/n can you put your phone down while we're at the table.' Your mom said tiredly.

'Yeah..just give me a-'

'Look I asked you to put it down.'

She leaned over and took your phone from your hands.

'Hey-that's mine. I was using that.'

You leaned back in your seat and ate your breakfast.
You took in your moms features and although she was gorgeous you couldn't help but notice how she looked tired ill almost. That would explain her outbursts towards you earlier.

'Mom are you feeling okay?' You asked. Concern hitched in your voice.

You outstretched the back of your hand and made contact with her forehead.

'Mom your really warm.'

'I'm fine honey I just have a little fever.'

She removed your hand from her forehead and gave it a reassuring squeeze. However you didn't feel very reassured.

'No mom seriously go back to bed.'

You lead her upstairs to her bedroom and tucked her in.

You went downstairs and got the thermometer (is that what it's called??) to check her temperature.

You went back upstairs. 38°.

You let her rest for a bit. You had the whole of the downstairs to yourself whole your mom was asleep.

You decided to watch murder mystery.

It was now around 1pm. You made your way to the kitchen to make your mom a pot of soup with some bread.

You took it up to her and she thanked you.

'How are you feeling mom?'

'Much better thank you baby.'

After she had finished you took the tray from her and placed it on the side.
You jumped it bed next to your mom and snuggled into her side. You took in the sweet smell of her hair and clothes.
You fell asleep with your moms arm wrapped loose around you waist but protectively. She loved you more than anything in the world. That was reassuring.

I actually like this one a lot.

Hope you enjoyed.