Day out with mom

Reader age: no younger than 10

It was a sunny Friday. You had the week off of school due to moms filming schedule. You were both in London for a week and you were waiting for her to get back from filming. It was around 8:00am and she had left well before you has woken.

You were staying in a luxury hotel. It was nice but you missed home and you weren't going back until Monday night. You watched y/f/m to reduce the felling of homesickness.

At 9:30am your mom arrived back.

'Oh hi sweetie, your awake.'

'Yeah. How was filming?'

'Okay I suppose.' She shrugged.

'Oh..' You trailed off.

'Okay.' Jennifer started.

You swung your body round on the couch so you were now facing your mom with your back to the TV.

She smiled at you and crouched down to your height. She tucked a hair behind your ear.

'I pre-made a picnic. So I was thinking we take a walk in the forest and eat a picnic with Cooper of course-Cooper is your dog btw.

Later as you were walking through the forest with your mom you were just talking about general life things. Jennifer's arms were hanging loosely by her side,gently swaying a little as she enjoyed the view.
You walked closer to her and slipped your hand in your moms. As your palms connected she gave your hand a slight squeeze and for a moment rested her head on yours.

'Here?' Jennifer asked as you arrived at a clearing.

'No because we are completely in sun here and I'll get a headache.' You complained.

'You and your made up "disease."'

'Shut up. Its a real thing.'

'Here?' Your mom asked again.

'No because no we are in complete shade and its too cold.'

'Right that it, you're too fussy.'

She threw bags on the floor and chased you around before she grabbed you started to tickle you.

'Heyyy stoppp.' You said between giggles.

You propped yourself up on your shoulders and took in the surrounding area.

'Hey.' You said turning to your mom. 'Here's good!'

Once you had finished the picnic and got back to the car you climbed into the front seat next to her and fell asleep thinking about how wonderful today was and how much you loved your mom.

Hope you enjoyed!

I really like this one.