Chapter 27

Naruto arrived back at his home around 12:00 at night. All the lights were off and the neighborhood was quiet.
Naruto unlocked the front door and took his flats off before closing and locking the door again. Sighing, Naruto put his keys on the hanger and put his bag with the coats on the coat hanger.
He went to walk up the stairs but a light clicked and radiated from the living room.
Naruto stopped and looked over to see Sasuke. He looked at mess. Still in his suit, red streaks going down his face and his hair looking as if he'd been pulling on it. A glass of whiskey was on the coffee table and Narutos heart felt like an arrow had gone through it. And not Cupid's type of arrow.

"Where were you?"
Sasukes voice was raspy, as if he'd been yelling and-or crying. Not moving, in fear of what Sasuke would do. Naruto answered him.
"I... I went to Kiki's."
"Why?"
Naruto bit his bottom lip.

He watched as Sasuke put his elbows on his knees and rubbed the palms of his hands into his obsidian eyes. Naruto cautiously walked toward Sasuke, and moved a strand of dark hair from the alphas tilted down head.
Without any warning, Sasukes arms were around Narutos back and his face was pressed into his mates front. Naruto looked down at Sasuke surprised by the action.

After the years of torment, betrayal, hurt, rebuilding and trust. Sasuke has never once latched onto Naruto like this. He hadn't blatantly held onto Naruto as if he were as vulnerable as a kitten.
Naruto frowned and ran a hand into the messy locks of raven hair.

"Why'd you go to Kikis?"
Sasukes voice was muffled in Narutos body but the omega still heard him.
"To... talk. I was having trouble with deciding something and needed a second... and third point of view on it."
Sasuke clenched his shirt that Naruto wore. The omega frowned. He felt as Sasukes body began to shake lightly and tried to crouch to be eye level but Sasuke didn't allow him to move.
"Why not just talk to me?"
Naruto closed his eyes at Sasukes heart wrenching tone. He sounded like a scared puppy.
"Because... because it had to do with you."
"Than what is it?! What aren't you telling me?!"
Naruto winced at the tone but Sasukes grip didn't loosen. He gripped a handful of the raven locks and took one small breath before telling him why.
"... I'm pregnant."

Sasukes shaking stopped almost instantly. Naruto could feel the rigidness of Sasukes shoulders.
"... what?"
"I'm pregnant." Naruto repeated, though it seemed more of a whimper this time. "And I was scared... I am scared... but I knew you'd be happy and I...I couldn't share you happiness so I... I ran to my sister for help..." He quickly wiped the building tears away. It was his turn to shake. "So I could get a clearer view on... on the situation. I wanted to tell you, trust me, I did... but than I saw your car pull into the driveway.. and I panicked.. and I ran out.. and I went to the only person I knew who would be able to help... so I'm sorry. I'm sorry I went to my sister instead of you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you..  and I'm sorry but I'm still not happy knowing I'm pregnant."
Naruto covered his mouth as a sob left his lips. The tears were dripping from his chin as he tried to control himself.

Sasuke stayed quiet. He stayed quiet to the point where Naruto would've ran out of the house again if Sasuke hadn't been holding onto him so tight. The omega continued to cry, a hand trying (and failing) to get rid of the tears as the other stayed plastered to Sasukes hair.

"... your... not happy?"
Naruto cried as he fell to his knees. "No... no I'm not happy knowing I can't have a perfectly normal sex life without getting pregnant. Im not happy knowing I'll have to take care of the twins and Menma and how many other baby's I give birth to. I'm not happy. I'm scared! I can't take care of any more children myself. The twins and Menma take... take up so much of my time.. I-I barely even sleep anymore trying to keep up with them, with you and with Hinatas and Is' business. I can't take care of anymore children by myself! And I'm sorry! I'm sorry! But I... I can't deal with it being like that anymore!"
"Oh... koneko."
Naruto covered his face as Sasuke knelt and pulled him into his chest. Naruto grabbed the collar of Sasukes jacket and buried his sobs into the white button-up.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I truly am sorry."
Sasuke pulled Naruto into his lap and cradled the omega like Naruto had done with their children so many times when they've cried or gotten hurt. Sasuke ran his fingers through Narutos hair, hushing him and rocking him. He kissed the top of Narutos head, his forehead and the palm of his hand.

"Koneko why didn't you tell me this sooner?"
"I.. I-I.. did-didn't w-want to bur-burden you."
"Naruto you could never burden me."
"Bu-but that bu-busin-ness tr-trip... y-your so ex-excited."
Sasuke laid his cheek on top of Narutos fluffy golden locks.
"Nothings more important than you and the children Naruto. When will you learn this?"
Naruto wiped the tears from his eyes with the sleeve of Sasukes shirt but more continued to fall in there place. Sasuke wiped the tears away and did it again when more resurfaced.
He kissed Narutos lips and went back to cradling the omega.

Naruto slowly calmed down in Sasukes arms. His sniffles lessening with his body still shaking. Sasuke ran his fingers over Narutos arm reassuringly as he patiently waited for his mate to fully calm down.
When Naruto finally relaxed in Sasukes arms, the alpha began to talk once more.

"Your not happy we're having more children because you feel overwhelmed?"
Naruto nodded. He was ashamed to admit it. The whole reason of an omega, the whole existence of omega were to be the ultimate care takers... but Naruto was never like the others omegas he'd had met. He wasn't even like Naruko... and this must be what it meant to be different from fellow omegas. To feel so overwhelmed that he's terrified to have anymore children.
Sasuke smoothened Narutos hair with his fingers and kissed the omegas temple softly.
"I'll stay home. I'll have Haruno bring all of my paperwork and files here and use the study I haven't touched in ages. I'll stay home with you and the children until they are old enough to go to pre-school and you can start working again."
"Sasuke—"
"No. No Sasuke, Naruto. While I feel happy and overjoyed to have more children, your in my arms crying because your overwhelmed with all of the responsibility and everything else your still expected to do. So no Sasukes, I'll stay at home. I'll stay here with you and with our children."
Naruto didn't answer. He didn't want to argue. All of the crying and panicking tired him out. He wanted to go to bed, he wanted to sleep in Sasukes arms knowing he was safe and secure there. Naruto just wanted to close his eyes and allow the sleepiness to take over him.

Sasuke didn't let Naruto go— though he never tried to be freed. He continued to cradle Naruto on the living room floor, his tipsiness gone and a new line of eyes on what was happening with his mate opened. Sasuke kept a hold of Naruto as he drifted off to sleep in the coolness of his alpha and didn't let him out of his arms, even as he stood from the ground and headed for their bedroom.

Inside the room, Sasuke only stripped Naruto of his leggings and untied the shirt to let it flow freely down to Narutos knees. He laid the omega under the covers and took off his clothes and replaced the now gone slacks with basketball shorts.
He climbed into bed and pulled Naruto into him, hugging the omega firmly against his chest and feeling down to Narutos stomach where there was indeed a small but growing bump.
Naruto moved against Sasuke, a small, contempt sigh leaving his lips as his body relaxed.

"Naruto?"
He got no response.
Sasuke smiled and kissed Narutos forehead.
"Tell me these things. I want and need to take care of you. Just... just tell me okay?"
Sasuke hadn't looked for a response this time and surely didn't get one. He kissed Narutos dry lips from all of the crying and settled into the bed.

"I love you Uchiha Naruto. No matter what you think of yourself."